DruidMom...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Am I just crazy? I REALLY feel like this girl is taking this argument waaaaay overboard.

http://www.parentingforums.org/f7/14-year-old-daughters-claim-pagan-11188-4.html[/URL]

I mean I feel like I'm arguing with an angry child. "I DIDN'T DO IT!" :rolleyes:

I think she has been kind of nasty to a few different members, and I realize at times I may have said too much to her but I don't think I ever got out of hand and she actually sent me several very nasty, angry, literally name calling private messages. Can someone help me with this? Am I really just that out of my mind?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
This is only my opinion. I looked at all the post's she made to date. I did not read each one completely. But did read some of each post.

I think she is young and may not have much experience in a adult forum.

I think there is a learning curve here on how to give advice and opinions without appearing offensive.

I think she is at a place in her life where this forum could be helpful.

I see your point. But I also think most of us needed some time to "learn the rope's" What I see are noob mistakes in forum etiquette specifically when the topic is something she is passionate about.

I think I would give a little breathing room and time.

Just my opinion.

I will keep an eye on her so you don't always have to appear to be the "bad guy"

Ps And yes you are out of your mind but that has nothing to do with this.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol I suppose being out of my mind is besides the point.

You know I guess that makes a lot of sense. I didn't think of it like that before, but I think you hit the nail right on the head. Processing it like that will definitely help me deal with this a little better. Thanks bssage.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
lol I suppose being out of my mind is besides the point.
LOL- like it's kind of expected...;-)

I just say her rep and wondered WTF happened....I haven't found the posts where things went bad, but I'll look.

She's seemed to me like she's young and immature (not like you, who's young and wise beyond her years) She likes her perspective and she like telling people. She hasn't impressed me as a great listener though.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
IADad said:
LOL- like it's kind of expected...;-)

I just say her rep and wondered WTF happened....I haven't found the posts where things went bad, but I'll look.

She's seemed to me like she's young and immature (not like you, who's young and wise beyond her years) She likes her perspective and she like telling people. She hasn't impressed me as a great listener though.
Yeah I agree with that too. lol I can be immature too, I can't say I'm perfect in that area. :p But I can say judging by the PMs she sent me (that I wont even share because it would actually embarass me lol) that she is pretty immature. She's really smart, but she doesn't use her smarts in the best way ever. And yeah she's really mad about her bad rep... :/ Oops.

Dadu2004 said:
I sent her a PM asking her to just let it go...no one is going to gain anything from the arguments.
Thanks Dadu, I'd tread lightly though lol, she might reply with an argument. :p

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I swapped a PM with her, basically I told her that she was a welcome addition here, but that she needed to be careful f everyon'es opinions, and that not everything was worth the fight of getting the last word. She said she was taking a break from here for a while....

I think there's a little more than immaturity going on here, like maybe a little bipolar? So I hope she finds her happy place.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
haha yeah I most selfishly hope that her happy place doesn't end up being here. o_o

Trust me your PMs were pretty compared to mine lol. She PMed me angry that I bad repped her and flipping out and I just explained to her what the rep system is for and that she could easily get her rep back up and that she just needed to be respecful of people and she replied by calling me names and telling me I was only a year older than her so I couldn't talk to her like that lol... And that's the short version. It was very ugly, kind of looked like the way a pissy high school chick would try and start a fight. I didn't even justify any of it with a real answer, I was just like "Wow! Okay, well aside from all the weird name calling stuff, the only point I have to convey here is that it doesn't matter to me if you're my friend, but you need to show the same respect to the other members that you would expect for yourself - thanks". She replied with "I'm not even going to read that because you don't KNOW ME" o_O

So that was fun.