Ecd...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I sent him a note. Kinda out of character for him. I didn't scold him just asked him to try and be more subtle.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow, that was a little harsh. I wont say that I never thought the same things, but it's not okay to say it to him like that. Did you PM Parentastic just letting him know that ECD was spoken to so that he doesn't think it went unnoticed? :)

Out of character? Honestly, he has been kind of a prick for a while, I hate to be mean. I like him and he's funny but he doesn't even offer any opinions or advice/experience anymore at all. Hasn't in a long time. He just pops into threads at random to say something that he thinks is funny, that is actually rude and inappropriate. JMHO

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I scolded him in the thread. I wanted Parentastic to see that we weren't going to just let it slide. I did let it slide on one of the threads hoping that he would just move on but then I saw the other thread. I was gonna PM but I wanted other members to see that it wasn't ok.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero said:
Wow, that was a little harsh. I wont say that I never thought the same things, but it's not okay to say it to him like that. Did you PM Parentastic just letting him know that ECD was spoken to so that he doesn't think it went unnoticed? :)

Out of character? Honestly, he has been kind of a prick for a while, I hate to be mean. I like him and he's funny but he doesn't even offer any opinions or advice/experience anymore at all. Hasn't in a long time. He just pops into threads at random to say something that he thinks is funny, that is actually rude and inappropriate. JMHO
I though I was the only one thinking that. Not sure whats goin on there.

What did he say Bssage?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Probably be unethical for me to post a pm reply. I would not do that to any of you. He basically said OK. But then went back on the attack unprovoked later in the day. This was my message to ECD
ECD. I dont like him either. I think he is pompous arrogant know it all who is at best misguided.

Buut at least you could veil you slams so that they are a little more subtle. You know slide them in under the wire. Really you are a smart dude with a sharp wit. I think a lot of you and would expect you to make more of game of it.

Dont think of this as being modded. Think of it as me trying to avoid having to mod someone I consider a friend.

bssage
I cant get access to the message I sent pstc. But I think it went something like. I talked to ecd. Its not norm for him and he has been a long time valued member of the forum. And maybe something about I sometimes get the impression from Him(pstc) that he is talking down to us. That while its is hard to express ourselves without being able to use tone and hand gestures. He may look at his communication style. Of course this when went completely over his head.

But I tried

I dont really feel right giving ecd to hard of a time. Because I have kinda unloaded on pstc in a couple of threads. And I dont like him.

Last edited:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
We all agree that Parent is a pain and at times full of himself. However, he does at times have something worthwhile to say. While, I only think PM's of a personal matter are private, ones concerning the boards aren't. Just my opinion, not saying you "have" to share what he said :)

ECD...knows better. I think that is the part that irked me the most. A little jab here and there is one thing, but lately that hasn't been the case.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Where did you say something to him, M2M? What thread?

And yeah like I said, I like ECD and he's funny, but his attitude lately has kind of lowered my opinion of him.

Honestly, I don't much like Parentastic either, for all of the previously stated reasons. But I don't think Parentastic deserved to be corrected in this instance personally. He didn't do anything. All he did was post one link lol. And he was attacked for no reason over nothing by ECD. I wont say that what ECD said wasn't true, but there was noooooo reason to say it. It's like he has just been waiting for an opportunity to explode on the poor guy.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
I am hoping it is over.
Hopefully....

Xero said:
Where did you say something to him, M2M? What thread?

And yeah like I said, I like ECD and he's funny, but his attitude lately has kind of lowered my opinion of him.

Honestly, I don't much like Parentastic either, for all of the previously stated reasons. But I don't think Parentastic deserved to be corrected in this instance personally. He didn't do anything. All he did was post one link lol. And he was attacked for no reason over nothing by ECD. I wont say that what ECD said wasn't true, but there was noooooo reason to say it. It's like he has just been waiting for an opportunity to explode on the poor guy.
I actually had to go figure out where it was..

http://www.parentingforums.org/showthread.php?t=13069