Excited about veggies...

Naomijshaw

Oct 3, 2014
My son refuses to eat his veggies, do u know a fun way to get him excited to have his greens!!?

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
How old is your son? At a certain age, they have pretty much developed their taste for things. Some people like vegs and others don't.

At a young age, I'd use a reward system. Eat your vegetables, and get a little reward.

If you have a garden, show him around in the garden, have him help harvest some vegetables :)

Groggy1

Nov 5, 2014
make the family rule: Two bites of everything if you don't that is fine but no dessert, nor snack after dinner.

Good luck, I puked at 6 y/o over the second bite of cauliflower but love it now...

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
Groggy1 said:
make the family rule: Two bites of everything if you don't that is fine but no dessert, nor snack after dinner.

Good luck, I puked at 6 y/o over the second bite of cauliflower but love it now...
That is one thing I have always loved. Never had problems with broccoli either haha.

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
Cauliflower and broccoli are in the cabbage family, and so are Brussels sprouts. I've always heard that Brussels sprouts is the only vegetable you should never force your children to eat, ever. Due to its distinctive taste, apparently, kids can have a true aversion for it and should never be forced upon them.

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
page16 said:
Cauliflower and broccoli are in the cabbage family, and so are Brussels sprouts. I've always heard that Brussels sprouts is the only vegetable you should never force your children to eat, ever. Due to its distinctive taste, apparently, kids can have a true aversion for it and should never be forced upon them.
Interesting. I liked them as a little kid, now I hate them. Haha.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
One thing that I found encouraged mine to eat them was us growing them. It was as if eating them became a novelty.