Female Circumcision Debated on Egyptian TV...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Can we keep all the circumcision discussion to one thread? It's getting a little annoying.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
OK!!!!! So! Yulia Does not believe in CIRCUMCISION!!!!

Can we please PLASTER this somewhere, or maybe have a pop up the moment someone comes online so that we are all in an understanding so that we NO LONGER have to have thread after thread about circumcision! Yes its beccoming unnecesary, Yes the decision lies within the parents, Someone gets their son circumcised WHO CARES! Its no ones place but the parents and their personal/religious/social decision as to what they decide!

So with that being said lets find some new topic that we can all debate about instead of pissing in the wind!!!!!

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
meow_173 said:
OK!!!!! So! Yulia Does not believe in CIRCUMCISION!!!!
Gee, would you people relax already! Since everyone here pretty much agrees that female circ is a bad thing I just thought that those videos would be interesting to watch. that's it. I absolutely am not trying to show how bad female circ is since everyone pretty much knows it.

If it's so irritating for you, please feel free to ask admins to have it deleted.

viper7

Jul 12, 2008
I think it's important to look at this from their perspectives, they have been doing this for a very long time, it's also important to remember that the women promote it just as much (according to one study more) then men, why would they continue doing his practice, because they firmly believe that it is better, they have also justified it with cleanliness and medical reasons.

we need to take a step back and look at what we do, is male circumcision really that different? yes the type III female circumcision is quite brutal, but the type I can be as little as removal of the clitoral hood, which is the exact same part as the hood of the penis. they use invalid medical advice to justify female circumcision just like we use outdated disproven studies to continue male circumcisio

I know this is going to sound extreme but that's because it's easier to look in disgust at another cultures barbaric acts, while we continue our
own. fgmnetwork (an anti female circumcision page) has this comparison between the two.
FGC Education and Networking Project