For those who's sons are NOT Circ'd...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Luke is not Circ'd. he's 2 1/2 years old. And he hasn't pulled back the skin on it yet.
I'm just wondering if he should have done this already? I know that i am NOT to pull it back until he does (so says my doc), so i'm just currious as to when he will. I mean he doens't have his hands down his diaper all day, and there is a steady stream of pee every time he pee's so i know theres no medical issue at hand. I guess i'm jsut currious to know when this happens.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
sometimes not until puberty hits, but for some boys it happens sooner. It's different for all boys. You're luck as heck to have doc who knows not to pull it back and was able to educate you properly on care. Logan's doc had no idea and pushed it back far, tore the glands slightly and there was a small amount of blood. I was so worried an infection would follow

Lynette

PF Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2009
Switzerland
My doc always told me just to leave it alone. Then when they go to school they get a medical check up anyway and have a look at it. At the age of your son it is okay if it still not possible to pull it back.

ellen21

PF Regular
Jul 15, 2009
yup fallon you are rite the same goes with my nephew his doc dint gave proper care and advise and when he pulled he got seriously hurt there is still less awareness