Front page for the holidays...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Just an idea

Maybe idea's experiences a "learn from out mistakes" thread about holidays and kids. A thread and links to them for each subforum I.E. prenatal, toddlers, adolescents, ect...

Examples fragile ornaments to the top of tree for baby's and toddlers. Use caution with ornament hangers (they are like sharp little fish hooks, Never leave a candle untended.

Carfull to make sure posters understand its not a santa or religion debate thread. There are places for that. Just a holiday "Kid Proof" thread. Advice from parents for parents.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero could bring it up with Jenn (not me) but I do think it would be a good idea for this time of year.

also if you guys find any interesting parenting items I could link them over to the facebook page.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Good idea! You could have just PMed me lol. I'm the only one who is allowed to write for the front page now. They pay me for it. But now that you mention it, I think that I will theme all of my articles towards the holidays for the month of december. I didn't even think of that. That really helps me too, because sometimes I am struggling to figure out what would be good to write. If you ever have any good ideas, throw them my way. I am always open to them, and even if I don't use them right away I will write them down to comtemplate later. DH is always giving me ideas and I add them to my list. I have to write two posts per week so as many ideas as possible are great haha.

Thanks bssage!!!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah

The reason I posted here was to make it comprehensive was the link back covering the different age groups. My experience only covers my kids and only in the US. There may be things specific to different ages and country's.

I also think it would only work with the mods on the same page. We all know how the holiday stuff tends to get derailed into debates.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah some stuff does get debated if it's more controversial. I try to stay neutral though, and at the same time I think a little debate is appropriate among adults and even helpful for upping traffic around here. Sometimes I get the feeling we're a little too low key around here.

I like to have a variety of things, and yeah my experience and words only go so far. Like I said in the PM, I will ask Jenn what I am allowed to do with that. I'm trying to figure out how I would tie all of the links to different stuff into an article.