Gas Drops...

Griffin

Dec 11, 2014
My baby girl is currently 7 months old! Every since she was born (5 weeks early) she has had stomach issues, gas issues, and acid reflux! After trying breastfeeding, regular formula, and soy formula they gave us a prescription for Enfamil AR formula! That was the only one that worked but even then we have had to use Gripe Water from time to time (sometimes once every few weeks and sometimes a few times a day for a few weeks) my question is:

Will equate infant gas drops work as good as Gripe Water?

She is having a rough time tonight and I can't afford the Gripe Water till I get paid Friday (makes me feel like a bad parent) but can afford the gas drops! Any and all as well as fast responses, opinions, and or experiences are beyond appreciated! I hate seeing my baby in pain but being a concerned dad I don't want to give her medicine after medicine just to see what works!

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Admittedly I have only ever used gripe water.

Have you tried stomach massage? You can find some tutorials on youtube.

jennywest224

Dec 17, 2015
Griffin said:
My baby girl is currently 7 months old! Every since she was born (5 weeks early) she has had stomach issues, gas issues, and acid reflux! After trying breastfeeding, regular formula, and soy formula they gave us a prescription for Enfamil AR formula! That was the only one that worked but even then we have had to use Gripe Water from time to time (sometimes once every few weeks and sometimes a few times a day for a few weeks) my question is:

Will equate infant gas drops work as good as Gripe Water?

She is having a rough time tonight and I can't afford the Gripe Water till I get paid Friday (makes me feel like a bad parent) but can afford the gas drops! Any and all as well as fast responses, opinions, and or experiences are beyond appreciated! I hate seeing my baby in pain but being a concerned dad I don't want to give her medicine after medicine just to see what works!
Did you try some natural tea to soothe your DD from tummy problem? If not yet try babies magic tea.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I just used Gripe Water and massages. That normally helps. Your baby may be colicky. Have you spoken to the ped. about it?

emma watson

Dec 8, 2016
massaging his tummy will certainly work, it always worked for my LO's, but of you can manage I would suggest you give a try to babies magic tea once, it is really very effective for colic and tummy ache