Gay marriage...not what you think....

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I saw this statement on a different board and I have to say I was surprised by many peoples answers. However this one struck me as bizarre? I did not know that marriage was about sex....maybe I am reading it wrong?

It has everything to do with the theology of the body and the sacredness of the being. The union of a man and women is a total self giving of one another. A man and a man and a woman and a woman can never totally give of each other the way a man and woman can. The two become one. The very body will not allow it. When a man and woman come together they co-create with the very creator of their bodies. No other combination can do that. We love all people but we cannot condone something that is wrong. To allow it would be to condone something that cannot be defended. It is saying that a lie is a truth

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I'll check it out later when the chicklins are asleep.

I was just surprised by that answer...it was a new one to me lol

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I can't even wrap my head around that logic.

Co-create with the creator of the bodies? Sacredness of the being? Theology of the body? Give of each other?

To me, that just sounds like "I cannot come up with a logical argument, so I'm going to string some fancy schmancy phrases together and confuse everyone instead"

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Well, that's it, really - I've been told flat out, on this site, that homosexuality is not about love, it's just sex. The ignorance is breathtaking.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Because I am sure that the reason I married my husband is solely because the sex is good. No other reason factored in there, HAHA.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Well I might as well say my opinion on gay marriage and what frustrates me about this whole discussion.

First let me start with facts about me... I'm a heterosexual married man with one son. I was raised in a southern baptist household but I am a Agnostic Aethiest ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism )

Now for my opinions...I personally have no problem with anyone who is gay, or if they want to get married to each other. In my opinion religion, how it the bible is interpreted, and a person's desire to push their religion and beliefs on others is the whole problem. I'm not against organized religion, but I have a huge problem with people that are religious and feel they should shove their opinion's around like it's the truth and pass judgement on the gay community and their lifestyle. If you don't like it, fine, but shut up about it. People don't HAVE to live the same way you do or believe the same things you do.

In regards to the quote from the other board at the top here.. it sounds like the person is saying that (paraphrasing here)

"gay/lesbian people can't create offspring with each other (obviously) so they are therefore not the way god intended people to pair up, and they don't agree with it because they think it will be going against gods will (the truth)"

I'm not sure why they chose to phrase their response like that. Probably just trying to sound religious and important.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
singledad said:
Well, that's it, really - I've been told flat out, on this site, that homosexuality is not about love, it's just sex. The ignorance is breathtaking.
Not just homosexuality, but marriage in general..

cybele said:
Because I am sure that the reason I married my husband is solely because the sex is good. No other reason factored in there, HAHA.
Haha...that's what I got from the quote.

Incogneato said:
Well I might as well say my opinion on gay marriage and what frustrates me about this whole discussion.

First let me start with facts about me... I'm a heterosexual married man with one son. I was raised in a southern baptist household but I am a Agnostic Aethiest ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism )

Now for my opinions...I personally have no problem with anyone who is gay, or if they want to get married to each other. In my opinion religion, how it the bible is interpreted, and a person's desire to push their religion and beliefs on others is the whole problem. I'm not against organized religion, but I have a huge problem with people that are religious and feel they should shove their opinion's around like it's the truth and pass judgement on the gay community and their lifestyle. If you don't like it, fine, but shut up about it. People don't HAVE to live the same way you do or believe the same things you do.

In regards to the quote from the other board at the top here.. it sounds like the person is saying that (paraphrasing here)

"gay/lesbian people can't create offspring with each other (obviously) so they are therefore not the way god intended people to pair up, and they don't agree with it because they think it will be going against gods will (the truth)"

I'm not sure why they chose to phrase their response like that. Probably just trying to sound religious and important.
That's what I think they were trying to say, but made it come out a whole lot differently lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Seriously, first of all that's worded horribly and sounds confusing. Second of all, wow I love how people rock at making themselves look stupid. So because they can't put a penis in a vagina, they shouldn't get married lol. Because that exact combination is the only way to have sex. Oh my haha. I think they should ask some gay couples if they are able to have sex and if they "become one" or not. Pretty sure that's for them to determine, and not someone else. That is just ridiculous.

Also:

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Incogneato said:

I agree with you Incogneato, it sounds like the OP of that post is paraphrasing a religious "interpretation" and trying to justify why he/she won't accept gay marriage is because 'GOD' says gay marriage is wrong.

I can see that person standing up in their church holding up the bible saying 'See it's not my fault, God says it right here!!"

Always cracks me up how many times people hide behind the bible to avoid admiting their own prejudices (sp) or fears.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Oh for goodness' sakes, has this issue not been beaten to death yet? When can we read the news and not be bombarded with the latest gay rights charade?

It's like the death penalty and abortion debates that just never go away. Except it matters even less.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
NancyM said:
I can see that person standing up in their church holding up the bible saying 'See it's not my fault, God says it right here!!"
Or something like this

What even is the link there?

"QUICK, FELLOW TERRORISTS, WE CAN ALL GET IN WHILE ALL THE AMERICANS ARE HAVING GAY SEX"

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
cybele said:
Or something like this

"QUICK, FELLOW TERRORISTS, WE CAN ALL GET IN WHILE ALL THE AMERICANS ARE HAVING GAY SEX"
Yes lol exactly Some people wear their ignorance on their sleeve.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
One quote came to mind when I read this..

"And it harm none, do what ye will"

Wonder why we humans feel the need to impose our views on others.. when it doesn't harm us in the least?

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
No offense... But that sounded like the ramblings of a crazy dude. :confused:
human sexuality is more complicated than that.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
cybele said:
Or something like this

I would like to point out in the above sign.... they didn't even spell "official" correct :( If you're going to advertise a website... get the address correct

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I'm kinda a conspricory theory follow the money kinda dude.

Seems to me the most likely fiscal impact of gay marriage would be to insurance companies. They have deep pockets and I would not be surprised to find a money trail link between the campaign against and big insurance.

Seems like the overwhelming majority of my friends and peers just dont care. And the ones that do are not really that religious. They are just following the party line.

Just IMHO.

Not a big fan of seeing PDA's. But the truth be told. I was never a big fan of seeing my parents doing that either.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Now we know there are members who are on the other side of the fence on this issue. Please resist the urge to pounce if they are brave enough to post.

CadensUnc

Aug 7, 2012
Incogneato said:
I would like to point out in the above sign.... they didn't even spell "official" correct :( If you're going to advertise a website... get the address correct
Maybe the correct spelling domain was already taken, you know, getting a good domain these days is tough! ;)