Gay parents...

should Gay people be allowe to adopt children...

• Yes...

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • No...

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, with exceptions...

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

mirandamonru

Banned
Sep 29, 2010
With three boys making ends meet has been a huge struggle! I want to take a moment to share with you a great program that I recently saw on television and signed up for. First let me tell you that I have tried every money savings program ever invented, literally. So when I signed up for the sampler program being offered at savingmorethanbefore.com I had very low expectations since so many other programs produced minimal savings. I quickly learned that this one was different. My kit arrived in less than a week and I started using the program immediately. Joe and I went to the supermarket and picked up $ 197.74 worth of groceries and non food items and we only paid $ 18.78! Finally, I found a program that lives up to its claims and that is why I am sharing this news with you!

Miranda

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
steppinthrax said:
Is there any research that shows children of gay parents are likely to grow up or "become" gay themselves???? I don't feel there is any problem here.
No, and if there was, it would be seriously faulty research. No one can "become" gay, (I do realize you knew that when typing this) but the fact is, one out of 10 babies is gay. So whether they are parented by gay parents or not, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

LOL, it used to be a running joke, when I would hear someone say that gay parents will raise gay children, I would say, yeah, you mean just like straight parents only raise straight children? :D

jakai03

Oct 5, 2010
Like IADAD I do not support gay marriage nor the adoption. guys and gals lets think about something...if we all were to be gay, there will be no more us!! we would not even be here if it wasnt for the correct order of sexes...it takes a man and a woman to reproduce..NATURALLY!! without human hands and medical science interfering. A child will end up very confused in such a home, a teen-ager maybe not as much so, depending on what age in their teens.
If you are gay do not be offended, I work with and counsel both gay men, women, girls and boys and they know how I feel, but I do not treat them or respond to them as if they are beneath me. I can not change their preferences or desires, but I will stand by what I know to be true. If men and men...women and women, were meant to be, then they would be able to reproduce, since they cant, they were not meant to be.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Yeah, well sorry, it's not going to happen that "everyone is gay and there will be no more of us" that's just ridiculous. People don't just choose to be gay, but you obviously believe that. And don't throw around the word natural, it's just insulting. And from what research do you derive your opinion that children will be "very confused"?

Too bad all these dead beat straight people wouldn't stop having kids and abandoning or abusing them, OH WAIT, that's why gay people are adopting them! Interesting isn't it? I say thank god for anyone who wants to adopt.

Do you have any idea how many straight people in the u.s. make babies then don't take care of them? Oh but that's ok, cuz they made those babies NATURALLY.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Tell me, jakai, do you also council people who have grown up in the foster care system? Have you ever seen the inside of a children's home? Do you have any idea what it means to grow up without someone to call "mom" or "dad"?

I think we can all agree that all children should grow up in a family consisting of mommy, daddy, 2.3 kids and a dog, but guess what? Very few kids do. And on the scale of preferable environments to grow up in, I would still rank a gay couple above the foster care system, and several orders of magnitude above a children's home.

I won't go into the debate about whether or not homosexuality is "wrong" or "right", as I think that is a different debate, but IMO the fact that women and women, or men and men cannot reproduce naturally is not a good enough reason to consign innocent children, most of whom are already traumatised, to a lifetime of loneliness and rejection.

Will a child really be better off not being loved at all, than being loved by two men, or two women? :confused:

Hazel Carolina

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2010
Australia
i think that there are exceptions to every rule. example. i wouldn't think it was right to let a gay man/woman who had just got out of jail for pedophilia adopt a child but then again i wouldn't think it right to let a straight man/woman adopt or naturally have a child if they had just gotten out of jail for pedophilia. a gay person should have the same rights as a straight person does period.

-Atreyu-

Oct 5, 2010
Like IADAD I do not support gay marriage nor the adoption. guys and gals lets think about something...if we all were to be gay, there will be no more us!!
Oh, wow, I had never thought of that. :rolleyes:

Now, what does that have to do with gay people adopting and raising children?

Are you suggesting gay people raise gay children? That would suggest sexuality is a choice. Did you choose to be straight? Seems straight people have raised their fair share of gay kids. :rolleyes:

Would having no family be better? Or being raised by a bunch of men and women in an orphanage be preferable? Seriously?

Your statement also fails to take into consideration that not all straight people have children, that gay people can have their own biological children, that the homeless children are here because of straight people, and that if all people were straight and spewing out children then the world would be even more devastatingly overpopulated than it is now... that being gay isn't a purely sexual thing... that by your logic, people with fertility issues who can't have their own children were not meant to be with anyone and should not be allowed to adopt either... single people should not be allowed to adopt... etc. etc.

Sorry, but your logic is shortsighted and selfish.

Hazel Carolina

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2010
Australia
i agree...

that is what i meant by my post but its 9:20pm and i have two children under 3 awake and screaming at me so I'm not able to come across with as much logic as i would like to...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
jakai03 said:
Like IADAD I do not support gay marriage nor the adoption. guys and gals lets think about something...if we all were to be gay, there will be no more us!! we would not even be here if it wasnt for the correct order of sexes...it takes a man and a woman to reproduce..NATURALLY!! without human hands and medical science interfering. A child will end up very confused in such a home, a teen-ager maybe not as much so, depending on what age in their teens.
If you are gay do not be offended, I work with and counsel both gay men, women, girls and boys and they know how I feel, but I do not treat them or respond to them as if they are beneath me. I can not change their preferences or desires, but I will stand by what I know to be true. If men and men...women and women, were meant to be, then they would be able to reproduce, since they cant, they were not meant to be.
First, IADad said that his answer would be yes.

Second, the rest of your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand IMO. This thread is not about whether or not you support homosexuality, or your reasons why. This is supposed to be about what's best for the kids, and I don't think you're taking in the big picture.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
jakai03 said:
... lets think about something...if we all were to be gay, there will be no more us!! we would not even be here if it wasnt for the correct order of sexes...it takes a man and a woman to reproduce..NATURALLY!!...
Maybe the earth is over-saturated with people as it is and it's just god's way of trimming the herd that's overgrazing the planet.

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
jakai03 said:
What is there to think about? You're assuming that everyone on the planet is going to turn gay if gay marriage and adoption is allowed. But let me ask you something, Jakai, and think about this. If gay couples were allowed to marry and adopt you know there would be fewer homeless children in the world, don't you? Furthermore, there are hundreds of heterosexual couples who are married and either hate each other or who have had hundreds of divorces. So you think gay people who love each other have less of a right to marry each other than a heterosexual couple who hates each other?
To continue, you also need to remember that gay children come from many heterosexual couples. Including really religious heterosexual couples. Yes, it takes a man and a woman to reproduce however, this is the reason why hundreds of people are overpopulating the earth today. Its the reason why children are starving all over the world. There are too many people because of natural reproduction. Too many people are breeding.
Furthermore, how can a child get confused in a household of two gay men or two gay women? I have a couple friends who are both adopted siblings and they have two mothers. They were adopted at only a year old. And you know what? They went to SCHOOL!! They learned at school that there were other families out there other than homes with two moms. Some have two dads and others have a mom and a dad. Others only have one mom or one dad. You think a child raised by only one parent will get confused? Absolutely not. So you want to say that a child is so naive that they can't figure this out for themselves?
And you think men and men and women and women are not natural? Honey, have you not looked at animals in their natural environment? Dolphins and Pilot whales, both animals who are deemed highly intelligent and demonstrate a conscious mind, mate homosexually. So who cares if it takes male and female to make a baby?

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Whoa, I just read that I'd been misquoted here....I believe Jakai may not have read my whole post and doesn't understand the whole process of one wrestling with their thoughts and feelings. Sorry to have been so complete in my answer it apparently confused some people (and thanks for catching it Xero)

sjmno

Oct 24, 2010
Any healthy, emotionally stable and loving person with the financial and psychological means should be allowed to adopt a child. Why not?
Sheri Noga, MA

marym

Banned
Oct 27, 2010
Obviously a gay person or a gay couple should be able to adopt a child. There are more children looking for a parent to adopt them then there are adults looking to adopt so I think that it is critical for all adults to consider adoption regardless of sexual orientation.

Maria

PF Regular
Nov 8, 2010
South
Of course they should be allowed to adopt children, so long as the person is capable of providing a good home to the child, ex. financial stability, not harming the child, etc. All the statistics I have read show children raised by homosexual parent(s) have no greater chance of becoming homosexuals than those raised by straight parent(s). Besides, homosexuals are people too, and being homosexual does not cause harm to the child. Let the homosexuals give the kids good homes.

void

Banned
Dec 2, 2010
Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt or raise a child. It will have a negative influence on the childs perception on what is normal and what he should do when he gets older.

void

Banned
Dec 2, 2010
Antoinette said:
what proof do you have of this?
Nothing however it is pretty obvious.
If you grow up in a heterosexual house, all your life you think that it is normal for a man and women to have sex.

If you grow up in a homosexual house, you will think it is normal for a man to have sex with a man.

There is actually very little studies that have been done on homosexuality because it has only became acceptable a little while ago.