Get out your tissues...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Ok, I don't mean to make you guys cry or anything but it's a cute video and the ONLY time Billy has EVER talked about his diabetes to Amber...or anyone else for that matter.

It's a sad video towards the end, to hear his concerns...he's only 10, he should just be a kid. BUT real feelings came out and he know how to deal with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSCvsxoQano

After that conversation (which went on after the video) he decided that he wanted to do an entire pod change by himself. And you know what...he did GREAT! We got a video of it but for now I'll just tease you guys with a pic...i'm having trouble uploading the video.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/podchange.png/

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
The picture is cute :) but the video shows up as "This video is private - sorry about that :/ ".

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I can so see me having that discussion and so gratefuul I don't have to. Amber did a great job and you guys obviously love your kids so much. You're doing the parent thing really well!

thanks for sharing.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
It's a good thing it happened though! Every pod change on his back since then he has done by himself :)

And Amber did handle it really well in front of him. Then she came back in our room and cried but we're all doing good now lol

Thanks IADad...it's always good to hear that you're doing something right!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Thanks for sharing. It's a very intimate moment. Just brings to mind that sometimes our kids seems so strong that we forget that there may be fear too. It's hard to tackle a fear that you are unaware of. This was such an awesome thing because I think Billy learned that it's ok to be afraid, but if you share your fears, those that you love can help you tackle the fear head on. Good job Billy, GREAT job mom and dad!!