Get your baby to sleep faster

Tobuslayer

Mar 31, 2021
Whether you're a first-time mom or an old pro, chances are you'll encounter more than a few sleepless nights as your infant wakes up crying. Does she need to be fed? Does he need to be changed? Every baby's needs are different, just as every single toddler is different in his or her own unique way. As a parent, it's your job to understand this concept - it's the key to both your happiness!

Standard baby sleep products and old wives tales aren't enough to get your child on a solid, regimented baby sleep schedule. Remember that your son or daughter just spent the last several months in the warmth and comfort of your belly... he or she has no idea of the difference between day or night. Darkness and light are a brand new concept, and many mothers make the mistake of assuming that their newborn will inherently know when it's time to lay down for the night and when it's time to get up in the morning. Not so. Babies have to be taught these things, and the best training you can give them will include a set schedule that you both must adhere to. The further you stray from this routine, the harder it's going to be for your child to fall into a set sleeping pattern.

Keeping your child up all day is another mistake many new parents try to make, thinking this will help in getting baby to sleep through night. The problem with this approach is simple: babies need much more sleep than you do. Very often it's not a matter of the quantity of sleep they get, but the quality and timing of the sleep that's important. Choose nap times for your child that are best suited to your own schedule, then strongly adhere to them. Infants love routine and resist change - you're going to make your child unhappy by breaking that baby sleep schedule just to show him or her off to your friends, family and so on. And when your toddler is screaming at midnight, you're going to make yourself unhappy too.

The Baby Sleep Solution is an amazing guide for the many aspects of this common problem. The techniques and tips within are designed to help you identify which type of sleep category your child falls into, and then gives customized guidelines as to how to get baby to sleep at night. Within you'll learn quick solutions that you can begin applying as early as tonight - solutions that will allow your child to fall asleep on his or her own. This type of sleep is proven to be more restful than just letting an infant cry itself out.

Reactions: salmasama

Jessicak

May 24, 2021
The problem that I keep facing with my baby is that he does not sleep at all. We figured it was due to constipation.

My friend recommended me the baby formula Enfamil Gentlease.

I was not sure if it would work but it reduced constipation that my baby was struggling with. He can now sleep peacefully during the day at least. Making him sleep during the night or trying to fix a sleeping routine for him is quite too early for him but seeing he needs a lot of sleep, Enfamil Gentlease fixed that for him.

mirtya

Jun 11, 2021
Hello everybody! I am new here, and thank you for having me. I have 2 kids, and the hardest thing I had to deal with was to get them sleep. Finaly I fined the solution, I'm sure it's worth to give it a try. That's what helped me a lot: https://bit.ly/2U0FPru

BillShiphr

Jan 9, 2021
Oh, I think getting my daughter to bed is the hardest part. She wakes up pretty easily, but she can stay awake until 2 am just because she's still full of energy, and I don't know what to do because she needs to have a healthy sleep.

BorisB

Jan 9, 2021
I have the same problem with my son. He keeps dragging in bed instead of falling asleep, and it usually happens when he has a non-active day. That's why I decided to buy him this playground https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d77866&utm_source=goodevas_gl&utm_medium=post, so he could channel his energy on the outside because when he keeps it, it doesn't affect him well. Now he spends all his time there, and I'm glad he likes it. As I noticed, he started falling asleep quicker than before, and that's great because he doesn't drag anymore and wakes up easier.

Attachments

SallyPaync

Nov 22, 2021
Early this summer I came across this fuzzy warm cozy
sleeper for my 3 month old baby, I am so glad I got it.
I would highly recommend that you get one before
winter is officially here.
Keep your baby warm, snug, cozy and content.
My son sleeps through the night, warm and snug.

cozy warm for Winter

SallyPaync

Nov 22, 2021

cozy warm for Winter

SallyPaync

Nov 22, 2021

cozy warm for Winter

SallyPaync

Nov 22, 2021

cozy warm for Winter

SallyPaync

Nov 22, 2021

cozy warm for Winter

salmasama

Feb 12, 2022
Great tips, thank you for sharing OP. I also struggled at first with my baby girl's sleep. One thing that really helped us was swaddling. I used extra large muslin blankets to swaddle her and it really improved her sleep quality (and ours !!). here is a helpful guide on swaddling that covers all things a new mom or dad needs to know about burritoing baby. Hope it will help other parents!

makemykidstar

Jul 15, 2022
I think, Swaddling is the most important and wonderful topic in this whole post. Great writing skillson kids topic.

_Mimi

Jul 26, 2022
Oh, I think getting my daughter to bed is the hardest part. She wakes up pretty easily, but she can stay awake until 2 am just because she's still full of energy, and I don't know what to do because she needs to have a healthy sleep.
Sleep training is really challenging. Our youngsters will resist and cry may be one effective key for me is the consistency of sleeping routine, as well as adhering to a regimen for longer than one night.

Kamila Nowak

Sep 8, 2022
My daughter wakes up many times during the night, gets up with her eyes closed by the crib and cries - like a sleepwalker :)
In the evening we kept her longer so that she would not wake us up at 6 am and she did not fall asleep until midnight, but she was very irritated. She fell asleep on my hands :( but when I wanted to put her back in bed, she woke up. It's a horror. I don't know what to do anymore

jankihaii3

Jan 2, 2023
I think getting my daughter to bed is the hardest part. She wakes up pretty easily, but she can stay awake until 2 am just because she's still full of energy, and I don't know what to do because she needs to have a healthy sleep.