Gen

Sep 8, 2016
Is it safe to get tattoos during pregnancy? I really want to get one. :D

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Typically, no.

Any time you are tattooed you run a small risk of hep b or HIV cobtraction, which can be passed to a fetus.

For that reason, any reputable artist will not tattoo someone who is pregnant, and you don't want to be tattooed by someone who isn't reputable in the first place.

Vdad

PF Enthusiast
May 28, 2016
No, it's not entirely safe. Not just the Hep C or AIDS risk, although tattoo shops are required to sterilize their instruments....the much larger issue is that tattoo's are basically small incisions into the skin, and any time that happens you run the risk of general infection, as well as the dye itself entering the bloodstream, even in small amounts.

You're going to be a mom soon, get used to not getting everything you want.

SamarthGodara

Sep 23, 2016
India
Hello,
I am a psychologist, in your situation i would like to advice you some simple things.
Firstly, it has been proven that kids learn things, they hear things and feel things which the mother go through whole pregnancy.
Thats the reason why in many cultures pregnant women are given special care.
Hence i would advice you to not have the tattoo. Wait for a few months.
Keep on your light exercises everyday, it will help to make your organs flexible for delivery.
eat healthy green food.

newmomma568

Oct 21, 2016
Getting a tattoo while being pregnant is not recommended. There is a risk of infection such as Hepatitis B and HIV. Also, the chemicals that are used in tattoo might harm the baby. They might reach the baby while breastfeeding. The tattoo on the skin will not look the same after the delivery of your baby as your skin is stretched while being pregnant. Therefore, it is highly recommended to have your tattoo a few months after the delivery of your baby.

jamintha

Dec 8, 2016
Quebec
It's so weird that you need a tattoo while you are pregnant. :O It's absolutely not safe for you and for your kid also. As tattoos are made by incisions of dye into your skin, chances are there for infection and that may affect your kid also.