Getting to know each other (again)...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Mom2all said:
It was an accident really. I thought he was a nice transsexual. I had no idea he was homeless until hospital security told me.. or that I was taking him to get drugs. You should have heard my honey screaming when he found out where I had been and with whom. :D

edited to add... My honey NEVER screams at me.. this was an unusual circumstance... so I forgave him.
That is just hysterical!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
akmom said:
I agree. Present the potty as something special even before he starts training. That's what I did with mine too. I set it up right next to the regular toilet, and every time one of us used it, we invited the little one to sit on theirs too.

This is day 3 of actively potty-training my youngest (22 months), and she's showing a lot of progress. It's the first day she's had zero accidents. But of course, I have her sitting on it every 5 minutes without fail... so tedious!! I kept thinking we should just wait until she's a little older, but every time I was about to give up, we'd have a breakthrough and persevere. So *hopefully* this is it! My other daughter trained at 22 months also, but my son was closer to 24 (which is actually a huge difference in terms of readiness at that age, I think).
My oldest was trained by 2.5, and I don't see my little one being any sooner than that either, but you never know. I am not going to rush it or stress, no deadlines here. :) Good luck with your littlest girl, sounds like she's on a roll!

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
singledad: we were near pretoria
thanks Xero, even the moody old lady next door had to admit they were pretty cute and she hates kids!!!
Mom2many: that would be really scary.

Veronica Harris

Mar 12, 2013
1. What were you doing 10 Years Ago?
Ten years ago, I was just finishing college :)
2. What 5 things are on your to do list?
Honestly I have daily routines and my kids occupies my daily schedule.

3, What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
potato chips (home baked), ice cream. cookies, pickled plum and pop corn

4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire
Buy my kid's needs and keep the rest for their future. If I were a multimillionaire, I'd be that anonymous generous person who'd ask people to pay it forward lol sounds cheesy.

5. Name some places you have lived
California and Nevada

6. Name some bad habits you have
Hmmm... My husband says I tend to forget my own needs most of the time..
I don't forgive and forget easily (might take years)

7. Name some jobs you have had
photographer, small jobs back in high school until college.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
mom2many said:
That is just hysterical!

That same trip into the big city.. (my honey was in the hospital.. he's the city boy.. I was left to my own good judgment while he recuperated. ;) ) In the first 3 days, I was grabbed my another homeless man carrying his property on his back... on my rear end.. and almost made friends with a man who later in the conversation reveled his was a sex offender and along with my drug trafficking, I realized I needed to stay in the room with him. :p Yep.. not so street smart.

Amarna

Mar 25, 2013
NY State

I was 16, had just gotten my driver's license, was working my first job as a cashier at a grocery store and in high school.

Lose weight, visit Egypt, pay off my student loans, get a real job, move back to my home state and go to graduate school.

Hot chocolate, wheat thins, peanut butter, strawberries, blood oranges.

Buy a house, pay off my debts, put money aside for college for my girls and retirement, travel

Rural New York State and Massachusetts.

Nail biting, internet addiction, and I can be a really bad introvert.

Cashier, and cash office of a grocery store, call center work, data entry and office assistant.

Last edited:

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
1. What were you doing 10 Years Ago? - I was a senior in high school 10 years ago. My class reunion is this year and as a class officer I have to help plan something I have no desire to attend. Hindsight is most definitely 20/20.

2. What 5 things are on your to do list? - Start a garden, get my Ph.D., have another kid - I don't know, I have a great life. I've been to lots of places and done lots of things.

3, What are 5 snacks you enjoy? Baby carrots, dark chocolate, granola, pickles, apples

4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire - N/A

5. Name some places you have lived - Alabama, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina

6. Name some bad habits you have - I am terribly OCD so most of my issues are due to this.

7. Name some jobs you have had - Assistant Manager at GapKids/babyGap. Project Manager for a home building company. High School math and science teacher. I've been a SAHD for the last 5 years and will probably continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

Klissop

Jun 30, 2020
This is a great idea. I like to get to know and understand me better, and I also believe that each self-presentation is a very useful psychological exercise that allows you to understand your condition, self-esteem and what problems you are suppressing. I recently found Pooh Pathology Test. While this may seem like a fun test to many, it's a pretty accurate description of a person. I think it might be of interest to someone on this forum.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Does anyone mind linking me the rules for the forum? I'm going to guess it's ok for me to reply to this since the other message wasn't removed and it's over a month old.

My then boyfriend now husband and I moved out together with a buddy of ours and I was finishing up some college courses for my Associate's Degree.

Upgrade to a house (with a yard, garage, etc)
Get a Bachelor's Degree
Get a Master's in Accounting
Become a CPA/Bookkeeper
Work from home

Dark chocolate
Apples
Jalapeno Cheetos
Vanilla almond milk
Chewy granola bars

Quit my job
Buy a house
Enroll in university

-

I tend to charge headfirst into things. I get things done but I often don't take a step back to consider all the options/if my gut instinct is even right to follow to begin with.

Cashier, merchandiser, banker