Good idea or bad idea...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
So some of you might already know that I have two children from a previous relationship (aged 6 and 4) who share their time between me and their father. I also have a 20 month old daughter with my partner and we are in the process of building a house which is nearly complete.

Anyway... Right now Tim and I are in talks about having another child. Tim really wants to and I am not against the idea, I'm just not sure that this is the right time. Also this will be baby number 4 for me which is a lot of children for a 23 year old.

Opinions?? Pro's and con's?? From everyone but Especially from anyone with large families :)

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Time doesn't hurt. If you're not 100% sure about right now (and personally, I would wait until after the house is built) then waiting won't do any harm.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Yeah I am definitely not going to rush into it. I always thought I would stop at 2 children and then 3 children and am now considering number 4 lol.

Mikaela has been a pretty tough baby. She has been sick a lot and still rarely sleeps through the night so I think I want to give it another 6 months or so because then she will be nearly 3 before the next one is here and I think she will be a bit more manageable by then and will be in kindy part time which will give me more time with bub

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Nice to see you again.

Personally, I loved having kids almost 5 years apart, it saved a lot of rivalry stuff, but everyone's different. We stopped at 2 in our 40's so an entirely different world. I think if you're going to do it, then having them soon (within the next couple years) is better than waiting an interval, say 10 year and then having another, that just makes a wierd gap (I have sisters 10 and 12 years older than me and they don't feel like sisters at all sometimes.

Good luck making a decision (plus you can always "practice.")