Graco car seat EPS headrest foam popped off!

Amyg3052

Oct 5, 2020
New York
This just happened to our “size 4me 65 rapid remove cover” it’s a year and half old! I called customer service they said to just put it back under the cover and DONT GLUE IT! They said they replace the foam if it’s cracked or broken but that is it!
My issue is if you felt the need to glue it on during manufacturing, why isn’t the glue necessary now? Also they Market this EPS foam to help with safety for impact, and how efficient is it going to be just being secured by the car seat cover? Another issue with my specific seat is the cover is marketed for easy removal within a minute. I literally took it off one handed. No latches and only Velcro behind adjustable height. (Also have a 4ever seat in other car and it was awful to get off but the foam is still intact).
This easy removed cover should not suffice as “safe” to hold this necessary piece in place. If it is fine then why did they glue it?
This is a joke! I contacted the NHTSA vehicle safety at 1-888-327-4236.
They gave me an ODI number that would look into my case and depending on the finding they will create a recall and hold graco accountable to replace these car seats!
Please please Check your headrests! I didn’t know it was not in place until I removed the cover to wash it.
I ask anyone who has this issue file a complaint at number above so this can become a recall and potentially save some lives.

frankhudson

May 3, 2024
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the "size 4me 65 rapid remove cover" and the concerns you've raised regarding its safety. It's definitely alarming to discover issues with such an important component of a car seat.

Your proactive approach in reaching out to customer service and the NHTSA is commendable. Safety should always be a top priority, especially when it comes to products designed to protect our loved ones during travel.

While we await further investigations from the NHTSA, it's also essential to ensure that our vehicles are in optimal condition to handle any unforeseen circumstances on the road. Knowing the location of a reliable 24 hour mechanic shop can provide peace of mind, knowing that assistance is available round the clock in case of emergencies.

Stay safe, and thank you for advocating for consumer safety by raising awareness about this issue.