Graco Quattro Tour Duo...

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
<r>So, I think I've found a stroller, but I wonder if it's something I should purchase. I say that because when I see the image of two car seats attached, it looks unsafe. <br/>
<br/>
I've read the reviews on Babies R Us and people really seem to love it, however, most of the reviews are by people with one infant and a toddler, whereas I'm going to have two infants in it for at least a year. It's stated that it's heavy, but I figure that will be the case since it is a double stroller. I'm not a big guy, but if women smaller than me and can handle it, then I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Another plus is that it's supposed to be easy to steer for both short and tall people. I'm 5'7" and Nate is almost 6'5" so in the event hat he decides to push the stroller (I doubt it, lol.) he should have no problems.<br/>
<br/>
The price isn't that bad at 240, and then we'll have to buy two SafeSeats that should be around 130. <br/>
<br/>
Here it is: <URL url="</s>Graco: Quattro Tour™ Duo Stroller 6K00FNR3<e></e></URL><br/>
<br/>
Even though it looks small, it's supposed to be sturdy and i will be driving an SUV so I won't have any issues with it fitting. <br/>
<br/>
During my search, I also found something called a Kolcraft Contours tandem. I've never heard of the brand before, but I do like the set up of the stroller and it says that it will accept most infant car seats. <br/>
<br/>
<URL url="</s>Kolcraft Contours Option Tandem Stroller in Ruby<e></e></URL><br/>
<br/>
It looks like the twins would be much more comfortable and less crowded with this stroller.</r>

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
The red one looks like it has much more room. I'd get that one. Very fancy.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think the Kolcraft looks more comfy for the kids personally. It seemed to me with the Graco that the child in the back wouldn't really have a lot of room. The whole thing seemed a bit cramped

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
with the graco are the seats able to move like the other. I think the option have changing the way they can face is really nice

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Yeah, I like the option to have them facing each other also. Unless they start kicking each other.

By the way, our cribs arrived and we decided just to have one assembled and we put it in our bedroom. I figured they would be okay sleeping together for a few weeks. I'm still waiting on some of the other furniture to arrive.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
It doesn't appear that either stroller will take two infant carriers at the same time. That would definitely be a problem for you. A friend of mine had twins, and I can't remember what stroller she had, but I'll find out.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I garee I like the Kolcraft better. I like that they can face each other as well. My dd was never in a stroller for more then 5 minutes as an infant! It just was not happening. lol So I am the least amount of info you can get.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Oh, I thought I read they only had one infant carrier attachment. Anyway, I think my friend had the Kolcraft, but once they outgrow the infant seats you'll need to get another double stroller, unless that one converts to a toddler stroller.

Here is another option that can be used with infant carrier car seats and then as a double stroller later.
Joovy Big Caboose

The Graco Safe Seat is a good choice, BTW. :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Never mind. Sorry, I'm recovering from surgery and am not totally with it. LOL!

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Your opinion still matters.

I was thinking to myself that I'm probably not going to be able to take them everywhere I go. So, basically I've realized that we're definitely going to have to hire some help, at least part time.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Give yourself some credit!! Why wouldn't yo be able to care for them yourself? You seem to be a well put together guy

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
PennQuaker09 said:
Your opinion still matters.

I was thinking to myself that I'm probably not going to be able to take them everywhere I go. So, basically I've realized that we're definitely going to have to hire some help, at least part time.
nothing wrong with doing what you have to do. :)

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Kaytee said:
Give yourself some credit!! Why wouldn't yo be able to care for them yourself? You seem to be a well put together guy
Thanks Kaytee, but I want to be able to do the things that I do now, when the babies come. I try to cook something for Nate everyday, not that it's something he expects, but I do it for him.

I pretty much run all of the household errands, because my schedule allows me to do so. And then as I've mentioned, I'm OCD, cleanliness is like a must for me. I think if we were having one child, I could continue to do everything that I do now, but I'm not sure that is going to be possible with two.

Pretty much everyone has said that we should at least get a part-time nanny (gosh I hate saying that) and I've been adamant that I don't need one, but without family here, I think I might have to.

And then the move is definitely stressing me out. I'm not used to the kind of housing markets that are in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. To get a house with enough space, we're having to spend more, but just because we have more to spend doesn't mean that we want a fancy home. It's like everything is built for people with extremely puke conscious babies or people just simply don't have kids. (I hope I'm making sense.) I really don't have a desire for a big grand staircase or anything like that, I just want a house that is comfortable to live and raise kids in. Like, I can't recall a house with a carpeted family room. I love hard wood, but it's just not practical. I've seen places with like TILE everywhere. Sure, it's great tile, but again it's not practical. We're not just buying a house for right now, we're buying something that we're going to be in for a long time. I know that I'm kind of having a little rant, but this is kind of why I didn't want to move to the NY area. I prefer a more simple life.

cryan@kolcraft.

Apr 15, 2008
Hello Parents!

Thanks for all the chatter about the Contours Option Tandem! I am the Marketing Manager at Kolcraft for this product. Yes, it works very well for twins and their parents! There are many reviews by twin parents on Amazon, Target.com & Babiesrus.com. For use with twins, all you need to do is order an extra Infant Car Seat Adapter from our consumer service department or other on-line retailers. It retails for about $19.99. The stroller itself is available at Babies R Us stores and Burlington Baby Depot stores, not to mention available at the above on-line retailers too. For product produced after June 2007, we modified our seats to be roomier after all the feedback.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact our consumer service department at consumerservice@kolcraft.com or 800-453-7673. Have a great day! :) Chris