Happy Easter people :-)....

Aimee McIntyre

PF Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
Just a quick thread to say Happy Easter to posters on here, don't eat to much chocolate now :p.

Also, a quick reminder that you are free to post in my thread regarding childs refusal to zip her coat when her dad asks as I am still awaiting thoughts and opinions :).

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
cybele said:
Also, is it true that you don't have hot cross buns in America?
Have them in certain areas, among certain families, but they're not the ubiquitous Easter tradition they are elsewhere.

I would hazard a guess and say if you asked what things typified Easter, most Americans would say:

Easter Eggs
Peeps
Ham
Chocolate rabbits

(not necessarily in that order)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
cybele said:
What's a peep?
Peeps are little marshmallow animals (originally chicks - hence the name, now expanded to bunnies) that are rolloed in colored sugar - so sugar rolled in sugar, get the picture?

Some people love them, I'm meh. They are fun to put into the microwave and watch expand.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I think there is a nursery rhyme mentioning hot-crossed buns, but I don't actually know what they are.

Our Easter tradition is to hard-boil a bunch of eggs, dye them pretty colors, and then hide them for the kids to find. Then we eat egg-salad sandwiches all week. Apparently there is a giant bunny at the mall that you can get your kids' picture with, kinda like Santa Claus on Christmas, but it's a new concept to me!

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Spiced fruit bun with a cross over the top.

But there are also fruitless and chocolate chip versions, and this year a chain bakery here came up with nutella filled ones and damn those are good.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I do not understand the popular obsession with nutella. It just tastes like chocolate pudding and peanut butter mixed together. I was so disappointed when I first tasted it (from the bulk-size jar I bought).