Happy Year of the Ox!...

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Happy Chinese New Year! It's the Year of the Ox.

My wife, who loves cows, is thrilled that our daughter is going to be born in the year of the Ox. :D

I like cows, but what is it supposed to mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox_(zodiac)
The Ox is the sign of prosperity through fortitude and hard work. This powerful sign is a born leader, being quite dependable and possessing an innate ability to achieve great things. As one might guess, such people are dependable, calm, and modest. Like their animal namesake, the Ox is unswervingly patient, tireless in their work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint.

Ox people need peace and quiet to work through their ideas, and when they have set their mind on something it is hard for them to be convinced otherwise. An Ox person has a very logical mind and is extremely systematic in whatever they do, though they have a tremendous imagination and an unparalleled appreciation for beauty. These people speak little but are extremely intelligent. When necessary, they are articulate and eloquent.

People born under the influence of the Ox are kind, caring souls, logical, positive, filled with common sense and with their feet firmly planted on the ground. Security is their main preoccupation in life, and they are prepared to toil long and hard in order to provide a warm, comfortable and stable nest for themselves and their families. Strong-minded, stubborn, individualistic, the majority are highly intelligent individuals who don't take kindly to being told what to do.

The Ox works hard, patiently, and methodically, with original intelligence and reflective thought. These people enjoy helping others. Behind this tenacious, laboring, and self-sacrificing exterior lies an active mind.

The Ox is not extravagant, and the thought of living off credit cards or being in debt makes them nervous. The possibility of taking a serious risk could cause the Ox sleepless nights.

Ox people are truthful and sincere, and the idea of wheeling and dealing in a competitive world is distasteful to them. They are rarely driven by the prospect of financial gain. These people are always welcome because of their honesty and patience. They are reputed to be the most beautiful of face in the zodiac. They have many friends, who appreciate the fact that the Ox people are wary of new trends, although every now and then they can be encouraged to try something new. People born in the year of the Ox make wonderful parents and teachers of children.

It is important to remember that the Ox people are sociable and relaxed when they feel secure, but occasionally a dark cloud looms over such people and they engage all the trials of the whole world and seek solutions for them.
Nice!

Apparently this year also has the element "Earth" associated with it.

Earth is a balance of both yin and yang, the feminine and masculine together. Its motion is inward and centering, and its energy is stabilising and conserving. It is associated with the color yellow and the planet Saturn, and it lies at the center of the compass in the Chinese cosmos. It is associated with the turn of each of the four seasons and with damp. It is believed to govern the spleen, stomach, mouth and muscles. Its negative emotion is anxiety and its positive emotion is empathy. Its Primal Spirit is represented by the Yellow Dragon.

In Chinese thought Earth is associated with the qualities of patience, thoughtfulness, practicality, hard work and stability. The earth element is also nurturing and seeks to draw all things together with itself, in order to bring harmony, rootedness and stability. Other attributes of the earth element include ambition, stubbornness, responsibility and long-term planning. In pathology, the earth can represent selfishness and self-centeredness. In the controlling cycle, earth controls water and is controlled by wood; while in the conducive cycle, earth is produced by fire, and in turn produces metal.
Also nice. :)

Seems that I'm a "Wood Rabit." What are you?

dan dawg

PF Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Dragon</SIZE>[/FONT]
<FONT font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<SIZE size="125">

People born in the Year of the Dragon are healthy, energetic, excitable, short-tempered, and stubborn. They are also honest, sensitive, brave, and they inspire confidence and trust. Dragon people are the most eccentric of any in the eastern zodiac. They neither borrow money nor make flowery speeches, but they tend to be soft-hearted which sometimes gives others an advantage over them. They are compatible with Rats, Snakes, Monkeys, and Roosters.
</SIZE>[/FONT]

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well it seems I'm a Fire Rabbit. :)

Cute and cuddly, but... on fire. lol sounds like me.

Wait wait I found the description in there:

Rabbit[/B][/URL] (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Gracious, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, astute, compassionate, flexible. Can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic, lazy, horny.

Wow that's just about perfect HA! I'm...I'm a little uncomfortable with the horny part though. I feel like I just told my parenting forum that I'm horny. I don't know what to think about that. :p

Eli is the pig. Fire Pig actually. How random!

<LIST type="decimal">

1. <LI>
  2. Pig[/URL] (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water): Honest, simple, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naive, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.</LI>
</LIST>Fire pig, fire pig..... :D

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
:daydreaming: Ok now lets all try and be mature about this.

I believe I am the "Wood Snake" :rolleyes:

Yes I believe I am reading it correctly and I will say it again The WOOD SNAKE :D

<I>I am going up right now to tell my DW that I am a WOOD SNAKE.</I>

Dadu is it ok to include that on my sig???????????????

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LMAO OMG that's the most amazing thing ever. That even beats fire pig.

That's so funny.

WOOD SNAKE!!! That is so perverted.

And I say this in the most mature way possible. :D

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
bssage said:
:daydreaming: Ok now lets all try and be mature about this.

I believe I am the "Wood Snake" :rolleyes:

Yes I believe I am reading it correctly and I will say it again The WOOD SNAKE :D

<I>I am going up right now to tell my DW that I am a WOOD SNAKE.</I>

Dadu is it ok to include that on my sig???????????????
'Tis ok by me :D

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
the rooster and it is metal.---&gt;whatever the heck that means.:confused:

The second trine consists of the Ox, Snake, and Rooster. These three soul mates conquer life through endurance, application, and slow accumulation of energy. Although each sign is fixed and rigid in opinions and views, they are genius in the art of meticulous planning. They are hardworking, discreet, modest, industrious, charitable, loyal, punctual, philosophical, patient, and good-hearted individuals with high moral standards. They can also be self-righteous, vain, critical, judgmental, myopic, narrow-minded, and petty. They are also natural leaders, but are better natured than the first trine.

it seems pretty accurate and yet, not so accurate. i aint narrow minded unless i know i'm right and i don't even know what the heck myopic means! lol and i Aint no leader.