Having a baby boy next month!...

michigandad2013

Nov 8, 2013
Bare with me, I'm new to the forums, and going to be a first time father.

So we don't know when the baby will come though, and I was hoping someone could give me some helpful info and insight about it.

My wife has gestational diabetes, and we went to the doctors yesterday. We thought she was 32 weeks along, baby being due December 28th, and every time we've went to the doctors they've always said everything is measuring right to the time we thought. Well this visit, he tells us us she's measuring 35 weeks. And he wants to induce at 39 weeks because of the diabetes.

So my question, would the due date still be a week before the original due date, being induced, or will she be induced even earlier, towards the beginning of the month?

Oh and she starts weekly NST's and ultrasounds on Monday.

Shine some light please?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

JVegas

Nov 1, 2013
I'm sorry that I don't know the answers to these questions. I would as k these same questions to your doctor. He/She is the best person to give you the most accurate answer.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Due dates are just a rough guide, I was induced to to preeclampsia with my last and they just picked whatever day they could fit me in that week, for me, in week 37.

michigandad2013

Nov 8, 2013
That's crazy. They usually push you to go to the hospital right away when you have preeclampsia, I thought.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Depends on severity, for most it can be treated with medication and bed rest until it's safe to deliver.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
They'll induce once they feel the risk outweighs allowing her to continue with the pregnancy. There really isn't an answer here because there are so many factors that will go into their decision.

MamaRuthie

PF Enthusiast
Oct 2, 2013
melbourne
congratulations on the baby

I had GD too my doctors just played it by ear, kept measurments and scans going and tried to prolong the pregnancy for as long as possible until she just had to come out so we didn't really have a new due date as such we just knew that there was a very good chance that she was coming earlier, which she did, at 38w1d.
that was nearly 14 years ago tho so it might be differnt now

ella

PF Regular
Feb 17, 2014
It would be best to ask your doctor these questions. We could tell you what went down when we were expecting, but everyone is different.