Having a crybaby moment........

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
I have just, for the last time, tucked my toddler into bed, he's 3 tomorrow and will now be counted as a pre-schooler. I have made the journey from toddlerhood to pre-schooler 3 times before without a tear, but this time, barring suprises, is the last time ever, as I greatly doubt we will be having anymore.

It's made a little sadder by him telling me tonight that he no longer likes BF'ing, that he likes strawberry milk better now, so it's been a double banger for me tonight lol.

No point to this post really, other than a shameless grab for some sympathy, lol, as my DH thinks I'm a little nuts lol.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Well, you have my sympathy.

LOL. My world cracked a little the first time I was called "dad", instead of "daddy". :eek:

They grow up way too fast...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I'm with ya.

The good news is that there always (at least in my experience) always a little left.

The moments when Cole is really trying to run fast.

Chloe when she gets out of the shower. Or laughs.

They keep giving me these little glimpse flashbacks of when they were ity bity cuties.. I warms my heart to see them. If I want to see a flashback. I just surprise them (real surprise) and more often not a with a gift. But rather by doing something completely out of character for me. That is my "secret weapon" Shhhh.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
hahahahaha you also have my sympathy. I still find my self babying Sam and Callum. I still do a lot of 'father and son' type things with them. My wife says that as Sam will be reaching 18 in less than a year I need to cut back how much I do with him because I need to start focusing on making sure im there for Cameron through his 10+ stage. I find it hard just to look at Sam (who is taller than me) and just be able to not do some activity with him. Whenever I look at him or Callum I think how proud I am at what my eldest two have become. I think dispite all the kicking and screaming along the years, I am glad i had them because life would not be the same as it is now. I can remember leaving the toddler stage four times and each time thinking man why do they have to grow up? One thing I can tell you is that when they get to the point Sam is at it is hard for you and them yo just let go of the 'depending on parents stage' they often say they can't wait for it but they soon find no they don't really want to when it becomes a reality.

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
Sorry, been having a rough couple of days....

singledad said:
LOL. My world cracked a little the first time I was called "dad", instead of "daddy". :eek:
Yep that's always hard, I remember that from my first 3, but Mr3 has very rarely called me mummy, probably because the other ones don't say it very often.

bssage said:
They keep giving me these little glimpse flashbacks of when they were ity bity cuties..
For me it's when they first wake up, that beautiful grogginess that they have.... <3

Shaun Austin said:
One thing I can tell you is that when they get to the point Sam is at it is hard for you and them yo just let go of the 'depending on parents stage'.
My eldest is nearly 17 and left home (by her own choice) in August. I think that's possibly why I reacted so badly to my baby turning 3, I didn't want her to go, but had no choice, and I'm having a hard time adjusting to it.