Hello All from a Stuggling Father...

ntbuddy

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Michigan City, Indiana
I'm presently what I feel is a struggling father. I want to work on it and become the best I can be and hope that this site will let me ask for help and get advice. I know I get frustrated sometimes and know that with guidance from others I should be able to become the best I can be.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I work at the evil empire and have been in various different positions over the course of my career. When I've changed positions, I have avoided anything to do with Sharepoint development. My experience with it is nothing by endless time consuming frustration. It is one of the most unintuitive pieces of software I have ever dealt with. But hey, if you like it, that is what MS wants to hear. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
ntbuddy said:
Yes I actually do like SharePoint. Have liked it since the beginning. :)
I've worked for the Evil Empire in Redmond WA for about 10 years and been in a few different development positions. When I have changed positions I have avoided anything that has to do with sharepoint development. I've found it to be pretty much endless time consuming frustration. It is one of the most unintuitive pieces of software I have ever had to deal with. But hey, if you like it, that is what MS wants to hear. :)

ntbuddy

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Michigan City, Indiana
I'm so envious. I've always wanted to go to Redmond. I would have to agree that SharePoint is one of the worst products Microsoft has but if you utilize the base services you're okay. I wish in the latest version they would've created a whole new set of services and slowly retired the old ones. I've written so many workarounds for it that all the efforts I've made are now bearing fruit but it's taken me years to get somethign truly workable whereas with the CRM product I had a full toolset in a matter of half a year.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
John, I should state that my opinion of SharePoint is probably not very fair because I really haven't used it much since 2004, and a lot has been improved since that time. I am sure it is not as bad as I think it is. :)

ntbuddy

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Michigan City, Indiana
I actually love Microsoft products. SharePoint I feel is the "hidden beast" and have converted so many companies to it (about 30-40) by just explaining to them the basic concepts and all. If the last time you used it was the 2003 version then it's a night and day difference. It's probably the best product they have even though from my view, developer view, it's less than ideal but still blows the pants off anything else out there.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
John, I have no doubt SharePoint creates a lot of third party business opportunities, so I hope that it makes you a rich and successful man someday. SharePoint makes you work for it..lol :)