Hello from New Hampshire...

kjcandles

Jan 22, 2008
New Hampshire
Hi everyone,

My name is Kathy Harding and I am from New Hampshire. I am a single mom of 2 teenage daughters, ages 14 & 16. I work full-time as an administrative assistant and I also have a part-time candle business.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Welcome! I have roots in NH. :) What part are you from? I grew up in Dover. DH was born and raised in Claremont. We met while attending Keene State. I still have friends and relatives in the seacoast area, and visit every 3 mos. or so.

kjcandles

Jan 22, 2008
New Hampshire
Trina,

I live in Meriden now, but I lived in Cornish and attended Stevens High School in Claremont! I was class of 1981. I have a good friend from college who lives in Dover. From 1986-1988 I lived in Durham while my then husband was attending UNH so I know the area pretty well.

I was actually born in Winsted, Connecticut and my family moved to New Hampshire when I was 8. We have many relatives in the East Canaan area.

Small world!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
OMG, it <I>is</I> a small world! My DH went to Stevens High, and graduated in '82. Winsted is only about 30 minutes from me. LOL!

kjcandles

Jan 22, 2008
New Hampshire
Wow. I wonder if I would recognize his name? I knew quite a few from the junior class when I was a senior. Did you both like Keene State? My daughter is a junior and we are starting to think about colleges. Right now she says she doesn't want to go far away, she is a bit of a homebody, she likes UNH, both her Dad and Uncle went there, but does say it seems so big. I thought Keene might be a good fit. We will definitely check it out.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Kathy, I sent you a PM. :)

DH and I both LOVED KSC. Not too big, not too small. Many fond memories... Of course, I graduated college in '85, so I'm sure it has grown since then. We visited the campus 2 yrs. ago and were surprised to see all the new buildings and more construction going on. My Dad used to work at UNH, and the size of the campus always scared me. Not to mention the fact that it was too close to home. I wanted to live in a dorm and be AWAY from Mom &amp; Dad. KWIM?!

What does your DD want to major in? I wanted to be a teacher, so choosing KSC was a no brainer. LOL!