Hello from NoVa!...

Hippymom

Feb 9, 2008
Northern VA
Just checking out what's new in parenting forum land and found this cute little place!

WAHM of 4 here, stranded in the DC suburbs.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
welcome...my goodness the twins are taken over here...we've got a few other mommies of twins also. Hope you stick around a while, can't wait to hear more from you

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
fallon said:
don't mind her...she's been a little cranky lately
Who? Me? I'm fine. I just thought it was an off the wall comment for just joining a board. Of all the things you would say about yourself.
I'm a twin mother and I'm totally sane. I guess you belong to a different "twin club" then I do. :D

I said Welcome Fallon.

Hippymom

Feb 9, 2008
Northern VA
musicmom said:
Who? Me? I'm fine. I just thought it was an off the wall comment for just joining a board. Of all the things you would say about yourself.
I'm a twin mother and I'm totally sane. I guess you belong to a different "twin club" then I do. :D

I said Welcome Fallon.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression! How old are your twins?

fallon said:
than you will fit in just fine here...lol
acceptance, the final frontier ;)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My girls are six, almost seven. My son is seven, almost eight. I bet you were very surprised have twins since you already had a five yr old and a two year old.
Give your birth story. I love to hear them.

Hippymom

Feb 9, 2008
Northern VA
No, I had a 7 year old and a 5 year old ;)

Surprised, definitely. We'd been trying for 2 years for our girl and had 2 losses... then on pregnancy #3, I thought we were losing that baby, also. We went in for a u/s and got the news that we got the bonus deal.

Then, at 19 weeks, I got put on bedrest for an incompetent cervix and just laid on my couch until 34 weeks, when the girls were born. They spent 5 days in the NICU as a precaution and came home with me :)

Would you like me to link to some pics, or do you believe me yet? ;)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It's ok. I only had one of my twins in NICU also for a week or so. It was horrible to take one home and not the other. But the day I did bring them both home, we have to drive down a long road that face due east and there starring straight at us were two perfect rainbows in the sky. It was perfect.
They would reach their newborn hands over and hold each others hands. It was amazing.
I also have five losses last year :( 3 out of the 5 were twins again. It was heart breaking so I decided to call it quits. I couldn't lose another one. I consider my self blessed with what I have.

Hippymom

Feb 9, 2008
Northern VA
musicmom said:
It's ok. I only had one of my twins in NICU also for a week or so. It was horrible to take one home and not the other. But the day I did bring them both home, we have to drive down a long road that face due east and there starring straight at us were two perfect rainbows in the sky. It was perfect.
They would reach their newborn hands over and hold each others hands. It was amazing.
I also have five losses last year :( 3 out of the 5 were twins again. It was heart breaking so I decided to call it quits. I couldn't lose another one. I consider my self blessed with what I have.
I am so sorry for your losses.

On the way to the u/s that told us it was twins, we kept seeing two birds together (hawks, geese, etc) and after the u/s, I understood. Amazing.

Kaytee said:
welcome!!!!

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Hippymom said:
Oh no. Didn't you hear that twin moms are infreakingsane?

I'm so sorry :lol
There are a few of them here, and they don't have twins. It won't take you long to discover who they are.