Hello, new member and mother of seven...

EHB

PF Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008
California and New Jersey
Hello everyone. Have been laid up in bed with a terrible bout of flu and am bored to tears. I thought it would be great to hang out with all of you.

We have seven kids, his, mine and hours. We're a successfully blended family and all of the children were raised in our home (my husband was raising his four children when we met). Over the years, I have learned a tremendous amount, but there is always more to learn. Most importantly, I learn the most from my children. They are each so unique and have much to teach me about myself, about them and about life in general. Every day is a great one, thanks to these wonderful souls in my life. When I doubt my purpose in life, I take time to look around at the many who love me and whom I love in return.

I look forward to getting to know everyone through their posts.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
HI and welcome. Are they all living with you or only the 17 and under? How long have you been married. You are one brave soul to take on someone with that many children. :) Kudo's!
How can you live in CA and NJ at the same time? Just curious. hhahaha Welcome, welcome, welcome.

EHB

PF Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008
California and New Jersey
We have been married for thirteen years. They have all lived with us until they were ready to leave the nest. The three oldest are out of the house, the 22yo left a month ago. I know better than to say they have left permanently because our 27 yo ended up coming back for a year recently when she got herself into so much debt it threatened to drown her. The other four are still in the house. We actually have a house in both places, but plan on relocating to NJ in the Summer. We spend all of our vacations in NJ.

Thanks for the welcome. As for bravery, well I probably had no idea what I was taking on and that's just as well. I might not have done it if I knew and I don't regret doing it at all, even though we've had some tough times.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I can somewhat relate. I had a four month old son and got pg again and when they told me that pg was twins I was in shock. After they were born I went right into survival mode..hahaha It is alot of work but if you enjoy what you are doing it makes it alot easier.
Life always has tough times, I think it makes people closer. :)