Help! Designing Clothes for Kids!...

Trilobite

Mar 1, 2008
Hi all,

Fist, to introduce myself. I run a cafepress store named Trilobite Clothing at www.cafepress.com/trilobite. But don't touch that back button, I'm not here to spam the forum with ads for my stuff!

In fact, I'm in a bit of a bind at the moment. I'm starting work on a line of dinosaur logos for infants and children right now, and I'm stuck between two sort of design trends. You see, I'm not a parent, so I'm unsure which would appeal more to parents.

So, I would be very, very greatful if some of the parents here would tell me which design they would prefer, but be honest! I'm really having trouble deciding here, so I hope all you guys who are actually in the "parenting trenches" can help me out!

And I've kept the images quite big, so sorry if they load slowly. And sorry for the watermarks, but some scoundreals do steal.

Here is the first idea:

As you can see, this is a wide eyed, innocent facial expression.

The second idea:

This guy looks a little mischevious. Maybe not mean, but always up to mischief!

Those are the two. The only difference in the images is in the eyes, but I think that makes a big difference. The one you choose will be the expression I use for the whole line of dinosaur logos.

Which one do you think is better, and which do you think would be more popular as a logo for children?

Thanks!

Trilobite