Help! My 2 months baby has problems sleeping...

FoxMom

May 2, 2015
She was very good condition in the first month. But last 2 weeks she not sleeping properly. she only took 5-15 minute naps during the day and even a slightest sound would startle her up and she would wake up. She would go to sleep around 12-1am. She so much crying sometimes even when she has been fed and has dry pants. I play a soothing lullaby for her but it doesn't work.
What should i do?

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
She might be in some discomfort. Look for signs of teething, she could be gassy. Perhaps there is some material that is making her itchy or too hot.
We gave our daughter Gripe juice to alleviate her stomach aches and Orajel to soothe her teething pains. When they're teething they will be putting their fingers in their mouths, bite, drool a lot more than usual.

Another trick to sooth a stomach ache is to place your baby on your lap, on their tummy and rub their back. Put a towel underneath, as they tend to spit up that way.

Other reasons could be a change in temperature, it is her first spring. Noisier nights. Too much stimulation. Not enough stimulation throughout the day. Not enough darkness, or perhaps too dark. A change in routine. Even a parents routine change can affect them.
Sometimes you just gotta think back to when the last time she slept through the night and the first time she had trouble and look for clues. If it's nothing you can pinpoint, then it may be internal. It could also be growing pains. Try giving her a massage and see if that helps, too.

When I was in Lamaze, the instructor told us of a time when her little guy wouldn't stop crying no matter what they tried. It turned out that a piece of thread in his sock had gotten loose and was stretched between his toes causing pain.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I have a friend whose baby also cried non-stop for no apparent reason... Turns out the iron drops that the pediatrician prescribed was upsetting her stomach, causing constant cramping. The Iron drops went into the bin, and baby was suddenly happy.

Apparently it's uncommon, but not unheard of for iron to cause an upset stomach, even in adults....

FoxMom

May 2, 2015
artmom said:
She might be in some discomfort. Look for signs of teething, she could be gassy. Perhaps there is some material that is making her itchy or too hot.
We gave our daughter Gripe juice to alleviate her stomach aches and Orajel to soothe her teething pains. When they will be putting their fingers in their mouths, bite, drool a lot more than usual.

Another trick to sooth a stomach ache is to place your baby on your lap, on their tummy and rub their back. Put a towel underneath, as they tend to spit up that way.

Other reasons could be a change in temperature, it is her first spring. Noisier nights. Too much stimulation. Not enough stimulation throughout the day. Not enough darkness, or perhaps too dark. A change in routine. Even a parents routine change can affect them.
Sometimes you just gotta think back to when the last time she slept through the night and the first time she had trouble and look for clues. If it's nothing you can pinpoint, then it may be internal. It could also be growing pains. Try giving her a massage and see if that helps, too.

When I was in Lamaze, the instructor told us of a time when her little guy wouldn't stop crying no matter what they tried. It turned out that a piece of thread in his sock had gotten loose and was stretched between his toes causing pain.
She always puts her fingers in mouth. She's just 2 months so I didn't think that she's teething. But you are right, I see something white in her mouth :(

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
FoxMom said:
She always puts her fingers in mouth. She's just 2 months so I didn't think that she's teething. But you are right, I see something white in her mouth :(
Get a tube of Orajel, it numbs the gums, and some teething rings and stick em' in the freezer. I mentioned this on another thread, I used to take a clean, cold, wet baby washcloth for my daughter to gnaw on. If it's really bad you can wrap an ice cube in the cloth, just make sure you are hold the cloth together for her and supervising. The cloth trick not only soothes but cleans their gums, so it's a good introduction in oral care. There are also some baby tooth pastes. These are made for babies and are not harmful if accidentally swallowed. I know the dental pediatrists say to bring your baby in for a check up once they get their first toothe, usually around 6 months. You can try to set up an appointment, maybe where you are they actually practice what they preach, but I called every dentist in my city and all said if there is no problems with her teeth then they won't see her just for a check up. Maybe it's something medical podiatrist does. I know her ped. check on her teeth, so that could be why.

busywittymom

Jun 17, 2020
India
This happens with almost every mom I know. But well I can tell you what worked for me giving a baby massage to the little one post a bath can help him/her relax and sleep peacefully. Baby massage using natural massage oils has proven to be beneficial for the baby's bones and has many other benefits as well. Try this out and see if this works for you. I tried natural baby massage oil from the moms co it was quite good!

Jessicak

May 24, 2021
Often babies find it trouble sleeping due to irritation in their stomach and they get fussy. I have heard Enfamil Dual probiotics supplements contain a blend of two probiotics that can help in easing fussiness and colic. It will strengthen the baby's immune system. However, it is wise to consult a doctor before making a choice for your little one.

schneiderellie

Jul 13, 2021
Babies don’t have regular sleep cycles until they’re about 6 months old. If your baby isn’t falling into a clear sleep schedule just yet, don’t panic. Your 2-month-old is still learning a lot of new things, including getting the hang of good sleep. But doing your best to establish a solid foundation of sleep habits at this age can help set you both up for happier, healthier sleep in the months ahead.

Jessicak

May 24, 2021
My baby girl was also facing the same issue, after figuring out I found out she was facing gas issues due to which she was not able to sleep. After my doctor recommended I tried Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease Neuropro Infant formula. It has been able to show quite an improvement in my child. You can consult your doctor for the same and before trying anything new on your child. Infants are sensitive, consultation is important before trying anything new. I did not try it myself until I was 100% sure.