Help with my son...

HotMamma

Oct 17, 2009
Arizona
I'm new here. My oldest is 16 in Dec and a few years ago when he was seeing a phsychiatrist he was diagnosed as PDD (pervasive developmental disorder) which I was told is just a broad diag b/c they couldn't pinpoint anything except the ADHD and very boarderline Autism. Through the first school he went to (I homeschooled him for 3 years) they ran all their tests and questions and deemed him Auspergers(sp?). But I'm seeing commons in that he's a very sensitive person caring about others at his school getting picked on and very protective of his 2 sisters but very aggitated by his step-sibblings. I've just gotten the ability to take him to a dr again and am not very hopeful at this point if they can really help him.

The school he goes to now is great at helping him with coping with the real world but he's still stuck in the past a lot (being afraid that my husband will treat him similar to the way my ex-bf treated him even tho it's been a year since we've been living together).

I welcome all ideas and help also.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Welcome HotMamma. :)

I moved your post to its own thread, because the thread you posted in previously was very old. We try to ask everyone not to post in any threads with a last post date that is older than 30 days. I had to make up the title myself lol so I hope its alright! Good luck with your son!!!

edana25

May 19, 2010
hello,

since i am new here, it wont let me post my own thread.

i have a question about my teenage son.

He is a foster child that came to live with us. he gets to stay with us forever. (thank god) He has been diagnosed with autism, a very high functioning form. Everyday i go in and make his bed and recently i have been finding wrappers to feminine hygiene on the side of his bed and between the sheets. does anyone have any idea as to why?

we try to ask him and he shuts down...

any help

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Teen covers a lot of ground.

Can you say how old he is?

And its OK to be candid here. Are you talking about tampons or pads or something else?

How long has he been in your care.

I didnt know there was a min post count to start a thread. If there is I think it would be only 5 so comment on some other post and make a thread but a little more info would be helpful.

Jordy

PF Fanatic
Apr 12, 2010
Perth, WA
i don't think there is a minimum post requirement i think my first ever post was to start a new thread. or maybe an introduction first. i can't see why you can't do it.. hmm dunno

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
There is a 5 post minimum before you are allowed to post any new threads outside of the introductions forum. Its a new thing, just started I don't know like a week ago. I totally hate it lol.

edana25

May 19, 2010
it would be pads and tampons. we have found both. but only like the wrappers and the applicator. We have been finding these items behind his bed, so we know he is trying to hide them but we are not sure if there is any reason to this behavior or if he is just curious about these things. we try to talk to him and he shuts down. He is 12 years old.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
IMHO

Even though its difficult for us to see my dd has a reason for everything she does. Its kinda like a mystery game to figure out why?

We communicate daily with the other people at her school and outside and together we usually get answers. It may take weeks for the pieces of the puzzle to fit together but if your boy is anything like my daughter then there is some logic behind what he does.

I dont think its any kind of deep dark bad thing. My advice is to learn to enjoy the hunt and starting looking for clues

Alexander_R

Jun 14, 2010
Sorry for my post here, I can't make new Thread...

I'm just trying to find helping...

My name is Alexander, I'm 23 years old and I'm living in Latvia. And now I have very bad situation in my life...

Once I was a cheerful guy, I had a job, girlfriend, car BMW ... I was live and enjoy life, rest with friends, studied at the University, was finish exams at 7-8 points. Was make Tuition fees, because we do not have scholarships, and all was ok while not had a crisis and I lost all ...
First I lost my job, ran out of money, my girlfriend left me, the bank took my favorite car and I sat down on the bottom ... Now I am in great debt and I had nowhere to get money for my studies, I did not want to lose and have to ask for help.
I'm studing in University in 2 course. 5 month ago I loose my job, and now in Latvia around 20% of unemployment. And I still can't find any work, where salary above 200$. I'm living with my parents, and I need pay:
1) For the food every month 50$,
2) Transport to work - 50$ per month
3) Credit in bank(for 1th year of University) = 44.50$
4) Live in parent's home - 40$ per month.
Total: 184.50$.
Now I have session. And my summ for University is 2124.50$ +39.27$(fine) , where:
1062.25$ for 01.09.2009 till 01.02.2010
1062.25$ for 01.02.2010 till 30.06.2010
39.27$ - fine.

I must to pay this summ till 31.08.2010. If I don't pay - they will thrown me out of the University.
I have 1 year left to finish University, I do not want to lose my teaching
I beg you to help me. I Believe that here is good ,sincere people.
If one of you, who read this help message, will make transfer to my bank acount just 1$ - my dream (finish the University) will come true. And I will finish my studing... I'm really want finish my studing... I'm Believe in this and in you...
2000 people -it's not too much.

My bank account:

Name: Aleksandrs
Surname: Rodcenko
Bank account: LV81HABA0551013031285
CODE: HABALV22

I need only 2124.50$ +39.27$ = 2163.77$.

I hope and believe in you!!! Every 2 days I will write here how many money I will receive from you.

kassierossiter

PF Regular
Jun 24, 2010
yankton sd
My son is just now 5... so i have a few years to go... but i find myself wondering... where are the actual items if all you are finding are the wrappers and applicators?<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>

I guess the only real concern is if they are going into his body somewhere? if you would be finding them in the trash or whatnot that wouldnt be to big of a deal... but if he were to be finding a way to ingest/insert then you could have some big heath issues...

hope you figure it out!