Help?...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
symphonyodd said:
I am not new to the 'forum' life.. but I am new to this one and I don't get the 'reputation' and so on. Could someone please explain how this works?
The ying and yang sign, you click on that and you can give someone rep. Depending on how much rep power and rep that person has will factor in to how much rep you get. The more good you have the more green squares you have. It helps people kind of get an idea of who to listen too.

I think I covered it...someone else jump in if I forgot something or if I messed it up.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
The way Fallon explained is it really doesn't mean anything. It could be what AnksMommy is saying. I give it when I agree with what someone's saying or give good rep cause they are cool peeps. :)
I give bad rep if I disagree highly (rare) I believe people are entitled to their opinion but when they are straight forward rude I give bad rep.
Now Fooser............You should ALWAYS give him bad rep. ;) He returns the favor usually unless Jtee got to him. hahaha

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
symphonyodd said:
Thanks. Do you ever know who gives you a good or bad rep?
Yes, you can see who gave you rep by clicking on "User CP" at the top in the brown bar.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if it's a blue bean the rep is neutral...It happens when someone has no rep to give or take away...if it's green it's positive, red is negative....other then that it's everything AnKs said

dfelix

Mar 10, 2008
Maine
How can I get a link displayed under my signature. It says BBcode not allowed. Is it because I am new to this forum?

All I can do is display the link but it is not a workable link.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
dfelix said:
How can I get a link displayed under my signature. It says BBcode not allowed. Is it because I am new to this forum?
yep...I think after so many posts it will let you

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
dfelix said:

All I can do is display the link but it is not a workable link.
The forum has a problem of people coming here simply to posts links (spamming), so some functionality is disabled until a new member has met certian critira that occurs over time\posts.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
symphonyodd said:
I meant to give you GOOD. SORRY. LOL
it's not your fault...your rep power is still so it's blue because you don't have the points to give. It's still a good way to let someone know you found their advice helpful :)

dfelix

Mar 10, 2008
Maine
The forum has a problem of people coming here simply to posts links (spamming), so some functionality is disabled until a new member has met certian critira that occurs over timeposts.
That makes sense - thanks