He's Smiling!...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well Tyler actually flashed his first "social" smile at me just before four weeks old, but it was kind of a rare occurance after that and it didn't happen often enough to catch it in a picture. Lately though he's been smiling every day and I have finally got a couple of pics! I can't wait to get a million more. :D

And here's some other new ones!

Hmm....

Just loungin around

Sleeping

Lookin cute

:)

So adorable

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I agree with FO7, I see the resemblance to Eli...

He's getting so big! I look at Kailyn and can't believe that in a few short months she will be 2...where the heck does time go?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thanks guys! lol He is pretty studly, huh? :p

He looks a LOT like Eli when he was a baby, but he is skinny and Eli was so chubby compared to him. So its weird because they do look alike, but its almost hard to see when comparing pictures because Eli had such a fat face hahaha.

These are the only good ones I have of Eli pretty close to that age that are digital:

You can REALLY see the resemblance in this picture:

Eli Sleeping:

Binky!

Me kissing him lol

As you can see, Eli had quite a bit more hair on the top of his head than Tyler:

And YES they DO grow up TOO FAST!! I hate it. :( :( :( He needs to stop it RIGHT NOW!!!

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
awwwwwwwwww omg he is SO adorable. lots of resemblence to his cutie patootie big bro!!! congrats xero, im so happy for you. two of my friends are nearing the end of their pregnancies and i couldnt be more jealous lol. i dont think that will ever go away :(

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thanks ilu!! I wish I could let you borrow my uterus, you know. :) But yeah I'm sure that it will never get easier to see other people's babies when you can't have one... Hopefully in time it will just get easier to handle. :( My hope for you is that you are able to adopt a baby or maybe find a surrogate! That would be so cool.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lol!! Thanks! You keep your daughter away from my boys and I'll keep my boys away from your daughter! lmao

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
He's adorable Xero, lol I love the smiling pic and the one with his hand under his chin. lol He's so sweet.

Yes I see the resemblance to Eli. Eli was a little chubbo. I love them like that. Max was a big 9 pounder!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thanks ladies! Its a good name Trina! lol

NancyM I loved Eli's rolls and chubs. Made him that much more cuddly lol.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I know this isn't true for all babies, but seems to me that it takes more time for breastfed babies to 'get their cub on'. Ilo and Luca were kind of skinny until they were 2-3 months old. Then they started to pack on some chubby.

How is breastfeeding going? Are you in for the long haul? I have to admit... sometimes it seems like a hassle, but most of the time I still really enjoy it. And I do use it as a soother...for me!! If I ever get worked up and need to chill out, I will breastfeed. It's so cool to me that it has that effect on both of us.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well Eli was born 8lbs even and chubbed up real quick, I breastfed him for only about 6 weeks and then switched to formula but its not a fair comparison lol considering Tyler was only 6lbs 14oz. I am still breastfeeding him, its going mostly good but we have actually had some problems, its been a little rough at times. He had serious latch issues in the beginning and his mouth was like so tiny that I could NOT get him to latch right, it was awful. Even if I got him on there semi-good he would still end up on the tip only moments later. This is TMI for any guys reading lol apologizing ahead of time but it got so bad that my nipples were bleeding a LOT. Like, he would latch on, suck for a minute, and then let go to spit out a mouthfull of blood. It was like something out of a friggin horror movie. DH and I were freaking out. So I got a couple of nipple shields and that worked out great for a while, I healed up and breastfeeding was a lot easier and less painful. HOWEVER, I recently found out that they were causing my supply to decrease pretty bad (as they apparantly never allow the breasts to completely empty, which tells your body each time that it needs less etc etc) and he wasn't getting enough to eat - UGH! So I had to get rid of the nipple shields, and he HATED going back to the bare breast since he wasn't used to it, but it only took a couple of days to get him used to it again (there was a lot of fussing involved). I also have to work my supply back up so I'm taking like a zillion Fenugreek/Milk Thistle pills a day and eating oatmeal and everything else you can think of lol. So far, so good. There were actually a couple of days I had to supplement with formula (4 ounces for a couple of days, then 2 ounces a couple of days, now I usually don't have to. I was worried because I really didn't want to give him any formula but I had to, trust me. I seem to be getting back to normal now, and one thing I can at least say out of all of it, is I don't have to mess with those stupid shields anymore and Tyler has fixed his latch. My supply seems to be getting better everyday, so hopefully its smoother sailing from here.

Yes, I am in it for the long haul dang it!! lol I would like to go for at least a year, that would make me so happy. If we go longer, that would be cool too. I know what you mean about the relaxing effect - breastfeeding always relaxes both of us. He falls asleep for his naps and bed time at the breast every time, works like a charm and a million times easier than all the crazy stuff I had to do to get Eli to sleep when he was formula fed. Sometimes its a pain because I'm trying to stay awake while feeding him and it makes me even more tired so I'm like nodding off haha.

I may have had some trouble, but the pros FAR outweigh the cons anyday (compared to my formula fed baby). Plus I lovelovelovelove the bonding/cuddle time. :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I always think it's just a little funny when people say "it's natural" Well, yes, it is, but it takes time to learn too!! They have the reflex to suck when they are born, but that doesn't mean they know where to suck :) I had some scabs and clogged ducts along the way even the second time around. But the second time around I knew that I needed two weeks of "leave us the hell alone" while I sat bare chested and nursed constantly until we both had it down. This kind of freaked out 10 year old brother at first, but after a week or so of seeing it all...he decided it wasn't so weird any more :D

Glad you are both enjoying it for the most part!! It really is a cool thing. And I always nod off when I feed Ilo that last feeding of the night.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol! Eli doesn't even seem to notice me doing it now, but it was pretty baffling to him for a while there. I had to keep correcting him because when I would say Tyler was hungry he would say "He wants to eat some boob" lol and I kept telling him "No, he wants to eat some milk silly". Took him awhile to remember that. It was funny though.

Oh and the other funny thing is, Eli was an expert latcher right off the bat!! He was great at nursing, and I had like zero nipple problems with him. Of course, the easy one I decided to stop breastfeeding at 6 weeks. Just irony for you I guess.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Ok, I have 3 year old mentality!!! I am always saying " Ilo wants some boob." :D

And sometimes, when I am trying to get something done, and hubby says "He's hungry" I sigh and say, "Moo". Like I said, I enjoy it MOST of the time.

He must be going through a growth spurt. He wanted to nurse at least every two hours last night. I am feeling pretty worn out and dehydrated right now. ***sigh*** Moo!

I really have to stop hijacking threads... to bring it back to original topic, has your little guy smiled while breastfeeding? Ilo does that a lot and it's just one of the cutest sweetest things ever :D

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL! Moo! That's awesome haha. Well, it is a demanding job. And really, I say stupid stuff about it all the time too. We always say Tyler wants the boob haha. He's going through a growth spurt too, the other night he actually woke me up EVERY HOUR. I was like OMG. lol And yes, he usually does smile when nursing! Even before he was smiling socially he would smile when falling asleep at the boob. Have you ever heard Ilo laugh in his sleep? Tyler still hasn't started laughing, but I have heard him giggle in his sleep here and there since birth and it makes me want to scream its so cute!! :D

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Ilo laughs a lot in his sleep :D It's soooo cute!!! He is a really happy guy and I just wonder what he is dreaming about. The first time he did a 'scared cry' in his sleep, I, with all of my new mom crazy hormones, thought, 'oh my god! What have I done to him! What could he possibly be scared of!!!" Then I remembered our first round with the vacuum cleaner. That is the only thing that has ever made him scared.

We are breastfeeding pros right now. Sometimes we will be lying on the floor feeding and I will scoop him up and get up and he will stay suckling away the whole time. Then I announce, "That there people was Advanced Breastfeeding. Yea, like Advanced Breastfeeding 625 or something because I'm old and it's not easy for just ME to get up off the floor!" I can also breastfeed and set up the store, do data entry, go to the bathroom. Ok, I know all of that is ridiculous!!! Having a baby and buying a store within two weeks of one another has left me feeling like I have to try even harder.