Hi there...

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I'm a mother of two children ages 4 and 1 both girls. I'm a stay at home mom, but I do Avon to bring in a little extra money. I also write some, I've written a few poems. I think the one I wrote about being a mom is the best. Everyone I've shown it to likes it but that's just family and friends. I hate to think of my girls growing up and moving away. :eek:

I'm new to this group. I found it on the internet because I was trying to find someplace I could go to get the opinions of other parents that I didn't know on that poem I wrote. I read a few posts and replied to one already. I'm the kind of woman who likes to give advice more than she likes to take it.:D

Now that my introductions are done, I'll say bye

Gr8mom

salim_arjumand

PF Regular
Feb 28, 2008
Hi...I am Aneesha and I am a mother to 2 sons and 1 daughter. Salim and Arjumand are 1 month old twins and Khurram is my 3 month old son. I'm in the process of adopting Khurram.
Hope you enjoy yourself here and happy posting.

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I posted a link to the web page I have the Motherhood poem on cause it's to long to put in a forum, let me know if it doesn't work cause no one has replied to that post.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I saw the link but I don't click on unfamiliar links. Can you just post the poem so we can read it here?

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
Here's my Poem, I call it
"My Baby"

I found out yesterday,
that you were on the way.
I'm overjoyed, I'll try to be
a mother just as loving as can be.

I'm starting to show...
soon everyone will know
your kick just the other day
went and took my breath away.

The pain that I felt is gone now
as I look at my baby girl
only five minutes old and already
you have my head in a whirl

you're picking your head up off the bed
and rolling off and such
It's only been a couple of days
how could you grow so much?

now you're sitting up, now you're trying to crawl
now you're starting to stand, I'm afraid you might fall.
Now you're standing up and walking to me
Now you're saying words and talking to me.

Yesterday you were up to my knee
now you're nearly as tall as me.
Now you're going on your very first date
and I'm worried that he'll bring you home late.

I can't beleive you're already grown
you say, you think, it's time to leave home.
I don't understand, how can this be?
only yesterday you were in my arms,
you were rocking on my knee.

You come to me and you call me mom
you say there's someone you want me to meet.
you say that he is your fiance
and I nearly fall off my seat.

My baby girl is getting wed?
how can this possibly be?
I'm worried you'll spend all your time with him
and have none left for me.

You call me grandma now that you say,
you're very first baby is on the way.
"What can I do?" you want to know
"To help him to nurture and grow?"
Love him and teach him and cherish today
for tomorrow he'll be all grown up and going his own way.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Very sweet. I liked it alot. Now don't go tuggin at my heart strings! Keep writing. I'm a singer and songwriter so I really love to hear peoples thoughts. Do you have them copy written??? You should ;)

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I wrote it for my daughter because she's growing up so fast. I think it's my best ever. I've written a few stories too but I know I couldn't post them on a forum, they're several pages long. What kind of songs do you write?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
gr8mom said:
I'm a mother of two children ages 4 and 1 both girls. I'm a stay at home mom, but I do Avon to bring in a little extra money. I also write some, I've written a few poems. I think the one I wrote about being a mom is the best. Everyone I've shown it to likes it but that's just family and friends. I hate to think of my girls growing up and moving away. :eek:

I'm new to this group. I found it on the internet because I was trying to find someplace I could go to get the opinions of other parents that I didn't know on that poem I wrote. I read a few posts and replied to one already. I'm the kind of woman who likes to give advice more than she likes to take it.:D

Now that my introductions are done, I'll say bye

Gr8mom

Hello, we're all potheads :)