Hi...

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Hi, everyone:

I've the mother of 15-month old twins (a boy and a girl and, no, they aren't identical - people ask me this all the time :rolleyes:). I'm in school with one semester to go, and my husband works from home. We are still trying to figure out how to turn these 2 seemingly friendly, cute, little wild animals into human beings. Any suggestions are appreciated.

:)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That's too funny. My children are 7,6,6. I have one boy and twin girls. Yea, you hear some pretty funny stuff when you have twins. I've heard it all!
There IS another poster here that is pg with a set of b/g twins (penn)??? I think. Not sure the name but I know there is. Welcome.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol again Penn is not pregnant with twins! HE is a GUY!! THey have a sarrogate that is pg with twins

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

Yeah, you hear funny things with twins. I'm short and carried completely out front. When I was around 6 months along, little old ladies would stop me in the supermarket with wide eyes, grab my arm, and say, "Ooooh, dear, it must be any day now, right?". I would smile and say "Yep, just 3 more months!". I also heard about every. single. horrific problem any in twin pregnancy within 100 miles of me. :eek: They all ended with something like "...and then everyone died". I find it funny now <SIZE size="75">(when I was pregnant - notsomuch, thanks!)</SIZE>.

Musicmom - did you venture out a lot with your twins when they were around this age? My kids want to toddle around all day in opposite directions so I am too chicken to take them out alone (they also move at completely different speeds, with my daughter zooming ahead and my son repeatedly falling on his well-padded butt).

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
what about gettng them those harnas back packs. That way they can't go more then a few feet from you at any time?

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Kaytee said:
what about gettng them those harnas back packs. That way they can't go more then a few feet from you at any time?
In a few months I think they will work really well. Unfortunately, they are still figuring out this walking thing and tend to topple over any time they are excited or distracted or wave their hands or encounter uneven ground or there is a slight breeze or ... you get the picture. :laugh: So I would constantly have one face-planted on the ground with the other trying his/her hardest to go, go, go. And "you must wait please" is still a foreign concept. Actually, most concepts are foreign concepts to them at this point. :p I keep hearing that at age 4 the twins-in-motion problems become much easier - I hope so! :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol, yay they have to be good walkers before using those.
This is why God did not give me twins! I couldn't handle it! lol

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Kaytee said:
lol, yay they have to be good walkers before using those.
This is why God did not give me twins! I couldn't handle it! lol
Just watch, the next time you get pregnant you will have twins now, lol

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh yea I was out. Now mind you I had a thirteen month old AND twin newborns. I started heading out when they were a few months old. I actually had a triple stroller. I'd buckle them in and we were off. When my son was old enough to walk, I had him on a wrist leash right along side of the twin stroller. They loved to shop. But they were always in the stroller. I was always on the go. Nothing stopped me.
I tried to steer clear of public parks only because my son caught rota virus from one and was hospitalized to we played alot in our back yard.
I loved those days.

Ari2 said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

Yeah, you hear funny things with twins. I'm short and carried completely out front. When I was around 6 months along, little old ladies would stop me in the supermarket with wide eyes, grab my arm, and say, "Ooooh, dear, it must be any day now, right?". I would smile and say "Yep, just 3 more months!". I also heard about every. single. horrific problem any in twin pregnancy within 100 miles of me. :eek: They all ended with something like "...and then everyone died". I find it funny now <SIZE size="75">(when I was pregnant - notsomuch, thanks!)</SIZE>.

Musicmom - did you venture out a lot with your twins when they were around this age? My kids want to toddle around all day in opposite directions so I am too chicken to take them out alone (they also move at completely different speeds, with my daughter zooming ahead and my son repeatedly falling on his well-padded butt).

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
musicmom said:
Oh yea I was out. Now mind you I had a thirteen month old AND twin newborns. I started heading out when they were a few months old. I actually had a triple stroller. I'd buckle them in and we were off. When my son was old enough to walk, I had him on a wrist leash right along side of the twin stroller. They loved to shop. But they were always in the stroller. I was always on the go. Nothing stopped me.
I tried to steer clear of public parks only because my son caught rota virus from one and was hospitalized to we played alot in our back yard.
I loved those days.
Very inspiring. Thank you, MusicMom! :)