Hiccups tick my baby off...

pooh445175@cox.

Jan 16, 2008
Is there anything to be done about hiccups? Special feeding/burping techniques? My baby is 2 months old. She gets 5-6 periods of hiccups per day, lasting 5-10 minutes. I know they aren't hurting her, but they tend to piss her off, which leads to the fun crying session afterward. Any ideas?:veryconfused:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Don't let her cry so much before feeding her, burp her a few times after about two ounces and when you burp her lie her on her left side (the food empty's on that side) and burp her that way for a while and then upright. Switching posistions will move the gas. Her crying is only making it worse. Hiccups are from too much air in the diaphram caused by crying or air in the bottle or missing when bf. Good luck

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
pooh445175@cox. said:
Is there anything to be done about hiccups? Special feeding/burping techniques? My baby is 2 months old. She gets 5-6 periods of hiccups per day, lasting 5-10 minutes. I know they aren't hurting her, but they tend to piss her off, which leads to the fun crying session afterward. Any ideas?:veryconfused:
My son got the hiccups a lot too at that age. Nothing really helped except letting him cry. When he cried the hiccups would stop.

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
This is going to sound totally crazy, but it really works....

Dip your finger in a tiny bit of sugar and let your baby suck it off. My son had the same problem, and my grandmother-in-law did that for him (we used the tip of a spoon). At first I thought she was nuts, but after about 3 seconds he stopped. It's worked every time since then, too...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Hiccups are normal for newborns. I remember asking our pediatrician about them when my oldest was a baby.

More info:
http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?id=21&action=detail&ref=1115[/URL]

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
They are normal but yeah they used to piss Natalia off too. I did the sugar thing too. Worked like a charm.

SallyPaync

Nov 22, 2021
Early this summer I came across this fuzzy warm cozy
sleeper for my 3 month old baby, I am so glad I got it.
I would highly recommend that you get one before
winter is officially here.
Keep your baby warm, snug, cozy and content.
My son sleeps through the night, warm and snug.

cozy warm for Winter