How do I get Colton to quit grabbing my glasses off my face?...

AveMaria02

Nov 22, 2016
French Lick, Indiana
Hey, everyone. My 16-month-old son, Colton, always wants to grab my glasses off of my face. At times he will grab them and then throw them on the floor. I typically handle it by telling him that if he does it again, I will make him sit on the floor instead of me holding him. Well, when he does get sat on the floor because of this behavior he does, of course, throw a tantrum about it but that's to be expected. But anyway, this doesn't solve the problem. He continues the behavior anyway. What can I do to stop it? I am afraid he's going to break my glasses.

Vdad

PF Enthusiast
May 28, 2016
LOL, You too?

You've got the right idea, but are saying too much. Something like "Owww!..NO! Don't do that!!" Coupled with some swift head movements to avoid the swipe in the first place.

Time, repetition, patience...rinse and repeat.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I wonder if he prefers to see you without glasses.

I was told that kids like playing with their parents faces and attempting to change them up like Mr. Potato Head.
Maybe get him a Mr. Potato Head for Christmas.

AveMaria02

Nov 22, 2016
French Lick, Indiana
Hey eveyrone. Thanks for your advice! Anyway, I kept doing what I was doing except I started giving him time outs on the couch instead of sitting him on the floor if he didn't listen to me. He has thankfully gotten better about not taking my glasses off of my face. He still does it occasionally but not nearly as much as he used to.