How do you imagine your children 10 years from now?...

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
I think we all have these thoughts.. how do you imagine your children (and yourself) 10 years from now?

If you have small children, do you dream of sleeping in on a Sunday morning once they're grown, or are you so used to getting up with the kids now that you wouldn't know how to sleep in anymore?

Do you imagine your children in school, college (depending on their current age), or working.. Dating, having certain hobbies, etc...

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
10 years from now, my dd will be 18 (scary thought!)

I can't help but hope that she'd be in university, but at the same time the most important thing would be for her to follow her dreams and build a life that would make her happy, and that may or may not involve getting a degree.

My boy will be 11 - just starting to discover his own identity. For him, at that age, I want security. I hope I will be able to provide a safe and stable basis from which he can start looking for his own place in the world.

As for me - I just want to still be here for my kids. As an indirect result of some bad decisions I made as a teenager, statistically, there is about a 50% chance of me still being alive in 10 years. I am doing, and will continue to do everything in my power to take care of myself and improve my chances.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
I imagine my daughter to be in college and focusing on her singing career. Booking gigs across the Canada and pursuing record labels. I'm sure she will also be a spokesperson for people dealing with depression and self-harm, and making presentations at school. Even though she is dealing with these things, she knows it's unhealthy and likes to help her friends and frienemies with those issues, too.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Mine will be 31, 28, 25, 23 and 17.

I don't really know. I guess the obvious follow ons from where they are now will be
#1 doing something with food, she currently wants to open a chocolate cafe after she graduates, so hopefully for her, that (in which case you will find me there claiming my role as official taste tester)
#2 Teaching at a high school
#3 Goodness knows, she comes up with a new idea every month or so
#4 I can imagine her studying for a very long time actually, not that 23 is long to be studying, but I can picture her doing so well into her 30s.
#5 will be doing his VCE (last year of school here)

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
As for me - I just want to still be here for my kids. As an indirect result of some bad decisions I made as a teenager, statistically, there is about a 50% chance of me still being alive in 10 years.
That's sad. I really hope you succeed in your efforts, and that you also get to see your grandkids.

Artmom, I wish her best of luck. Nothing is impossible as long as we - and the children_ have dreams.

#1 doing something with food, she currently wants to open a chocolate cafe after she graduates, so hopefully for her, that (in which case you will find me there claiming my role as official taste tester)
Haha if you need a second tester, do let me know!!