How do you start the day?...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
So what is your morning routine?

I get up and take puppy to the yard for a bit.
Go bathe and get dressed for work.
Wake up Dd and get her dressed then get her breakfast ready.
Feed puppy.
Take puppy back out to the yard.
Dry my hair.
Make my coffee for my commute while Dd is finishing up her breakfast.
Get Dd to brush her teeth while I brush her hair.
Get puppy settled in his crate with his chew toys.
Load up and start our commute to work and preschool.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
let the dog out, coffee, check in on computer, get the kids out of bed, change the baby, feed the kids

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Go for a pee :) (Hello, that's 1st, does no one else do that?) :p
Turn on coffee, let Rambo out, get washed and dressed.
Smoke a cigarette while stying hair, grab cell phone and lunch and out the door by 5 :)

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
Now that the kids are out of school for the summer, our mornings are a lot more relaxed.

I get up at 5, dressed and out the door by 5:15.
Work out at the gym from 5:20-6:40.
Home by 6:50, shower and eat
Get Landon and Nathan up and fed, dress Nathan
Take Landon to soccer (8:00)
The other kids wake up whenever and I make breakfast for them as they come down.

During the school year, it's more like

Up at 5, gym, home by 6:50
shower, get Landon, Sean and Kathleen up.
Make breakfast for them while they're getting showered and dressed
Wake Nathan up
Leave the house at 8, drop the kids off
Come home, bathe, dress and feed Nathan
Do hair, get dressed.

samanthab

Jun 24, 2008
<t>I get up at 06:00. Preparing the family’s breakfast (Becky is a rhythmic gymnast – so she gets a special one). At 08:00 I drive to the office. Arriving at 02:00 pm again; preparing lunch, and the dinner for evening. Doing different afternoon tasks.</t>

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Alarm goes off at 6:45.
I'm out of bed and off to the kitchen to wash bottles.
Then I make the bottles.
Then I get to pee! Yay!
Then I wake up Nolan, change his diaper, and redress him.
Then we nurse.
Then I pack his diaper bag and it's off to daycare! (It's now 7:30)
Back home-and in bed!
Alarm goes back off at 9:30.
*pump pump pump*
Get dressed for day job.
Go to day job (11a.m.-2 p.m.)
Come home.
Shower.
Dry hair and get dressed.
Go pick up Nolan (It's now 4 p.m.)
Bring Nolan home and spend some fun time with him.
Depending on what day it is I then go to my night job until around midnight.
Repeat M-F (weekends optional)

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Nate gets up at 5 (when he's not on call) and takes his shower and everything. So, usually, I'll get up with him. I like to make sure he has everything he needs and stuff. If the twins are up, I change them and give them a bottle until they go back to sleep. Nate usually leaves at 6:30 and then I go back to sleep. I might sleep an hour and a half, 2 if the stars are aligned and they stay asleep.

Once the twins wake up - usually between 8 and 8:45 I'll change them and feed them. I make it a point not to hold them all the time, so I'll put on some music for them and then I get in the shower - sometimes.

We go through a LOT of bottles, so my first task is usually loading the dishwasher with bottles and running it. Then I make 20 bottles. I make exactly 20 every morning and I make 20 more when Nate comes home. We keep the bottles in rotation.

My MIL was here with us, but she went back home so from 6:30 until about 6, I'm alone with the twins. It's been that way for about 3 weeks now. Right now Nate's sister comes over on Monday and Wednesday so that I can go to the gym. But we're going to get some part time help because I realized, I'm barely functioning.

Day to day, my routine changes. We're learning new things as the days go by.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Kayleigh usually crawls into bed with me about 8:15, and if I'm lucky I get an extra 10 mins of cuddle-sleep...then we get up, and I make her breakfast, and coffee (or iced tea) for me,... if it's a schoolday (Mon/Wed/every 2nd Fri) I do her hair get her dressed and walk her to school, the other day are called Daddy Daughter Days, and we watch movies, do crafts, play outside etc.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Get up
Get cappuccino
Read email and boards
Clean
Read email and boards
Watch soaps
Fix dinner
Family time
Go to bed

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I get up......check my email......wait until i hear luke, then get him up.....change his diaper......put on some cartoons.....get him breakie.....and then we either go for a walk, or i clean or do laundry...

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
My youngest is just over a month old, so he wakes up for food around 6AM. My other son will wakes up around 6:30 - 7 AM. So I have fun trying to feed the baby, while making breakfast for the other. Then I make coffee and lots of it, it's what gets me through the day. :)

And since I'm at home I play on the computer and play with my son all day in between the chores that need to get done.

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
Lets see...I wake up normally around 8:30 am (when someone gets hungry and wants breakfast)
feed kids, and make coffee
hang out with kids
do laundry
watch tv or play games
get lunch about 11:30-12 noon
take a shower
clean house
work at 4
home at midnight
bed by 1:30 am

during the school year
alarm goes off at 6:20
get dressed
wake kids up at 6:30
get kids dressed
find backpacks
get coats on
leave by 7 am
drive to pick up my niece
drop all 3 kids (niece, Aaron and Lily) off at school at 7:30 for breakfast
go home and clean house
eat lunch at noon
Kyla lay down for about an hour for quiet time
take shower
pick kids up at 3pm
drop everyone off at my mom's
go to work at 4
get off at midnight
bed by 1 am

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
I guess I'm spoiled and or lazy *lol* I should be getting up at 5 like some of you and going to work out, but I don't.

My husband takes michael to preschool around 730 am. He gets him up and I have laid out clothes for him the night before.

I roll over at 8:30am and grab my laptop from the nightstand. I check my work email and my calender for how many calls I have that day. I make sure nothing is on fire at work (while catching up on the Today show). Then I get up go for a wee and let the dogs out. Then I'll get a diet coke, move my laptop to where I'm going to work for the day (my desk or if it's nice out the patio) and dive into work. Usually my first conf call starts at 9am.

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I sure wish I could get up early to exercise, we even have a treadmill and I don't get up early to use it.

My mornings depend on if the hubby is out of town. Right now he's gone, so I get up at 0520 pee, take out puppy, feed him, clean kennel if needed :eek: ! Get ready for work, get dd ready for daycare, pack lunch, and put puppy in with my oldest or in the kennel. Drop off youngest at daycare, at work by 0700.

If hubby is home then he takes care of the puppy and gets dd ready for daycare, am I lucky or what?:wubclub:

LovingFather

May 8, 2008
Connecticut
I wake up really early. Usually by 5am. Not by choice. I can't rest much more than that when the birds are singing feverishly to the rising sun. There is one bird, a wood thrush, that catches my attention every morning. She has this beautiful, dreamy flute-like voice.

So then I throw in some laundry, or do any dishes left over from last night. If I have time, I like to make my tea and then sit outside and soak up more songs from the birdies. Sometimes they jump right onto the table next to me and sing or hop around.

By 6:30, I am taking a bath and dressing (not at the same time). 7am I start waking up my little bear cubs. This takes a while. Then they get dressed and we have breakfast together. Big hugs and little kisses are exchanged.

By 8am, we jump in the car and I drive them to their mother's house. More hugs and kisses. Saying goodbye always kills me. Then I zoom away to the office with a few tears in my eyes. The highlight of my day is when my daughter calls me and says 'Hi dada. I miss you.'

oithedad

May 31, 2008
ky
Hmm start of the day is the cat knocking stuff off of dresser demanding food. Glare and/or cuss at cat feed cat let out dog. Eat breakfest, try to play WOW, hear Macey stiring log off. Get Macey's meal and cup ready. Start the Macey morning get handing "baby"(her doll), her diaper cloth, a blanket and some days her monkey finally get her out of crib. Feed her or watch her eat depending on her mood. Watch Nick jr as she plays. Shower sneak in some CNN wake up wife then get both of them ready to leave and go to work. Would love to sleep in but have taking care of DD in the AM since she was born its our daddy time and if she catches me nodding off she hands me her diapercloth and pats me on the head