How long does homework take for your elementary student?...

mom77

Aug 24, 2011
Last year my youngest had homework every single night (3rd grade) sometimes it would last 45 minutes. Then the next 3 hours! Depending on what she had to do. It's like she had homework in every subject last year. So far this year it's really not that bad. She only gets homework if she doesn't finish work in class.

mom.w.no.kids

Aug 27, 2011
New York
It takes my 8 yr old a good hour to finish. Not because its hard or too much, she just wants me to give her the answers because she didn't pay attention in class. I'm sure its much less time for those who listened.

RegalSin

Banned
Sep 3, 2011
Work is work.

if you take 30 minutes to do something it means

It is not challenging
You are not practicing ( studying )
You don't care about it.

If you take more then two hours it means.

It is challenging
You are practicing
Your care about it

This is any studies. It is like me studying astro physics. Do I really need to put in more then 30 minutes a day to study that. Yes if I care, and no if I don't. You can also see how much they care by the response time.

A liar will flinch and take longer to answer.
A truth person will answer quick, with joy.

A good liar will be like the person telling the truth but something is missing.
The same could be said with a person who is avoiding truth for their own personal goals. Like a suck up, taking time to give an direct answer, with or without results.

Like answering "how did you enjoy that meal". A person that enjoyed or did not enjoy a meal will be super happy about it, a person who did not enjoy the meal will use an alternative answer, no to displease you.

InstaCraft Art

Nov 1, 2020
PLAY & LEARN - These days it's hard to limit screen time. In a recent report by the world economic forum about working from home, "WFH" shows the number of hours spent working and NOT working while doing the at-home office thing we are all getting used to now because of COVID. One of the challenges parents are having relates to childcare whilst working and attending to various work assignments and zoom meeting. While companies are generally trying to be accepting of this "new normal" many working parents are having to find creative ways to have children quietly work or stay engaged in some activity. Necessity is the mother of all inventions as they say and in this case, we see parents using more interactive passive play and learning experiences. One simple way to combine a bit of screen time with passive learning is the explore a giant coloring poster of the USA . This is a 3-foot x 2-foot giant poster with a free companion website that allows kids to color and engage with online national Geographic Kids content. We feel like it's the digital equivalent of hiding veggies in the lasagna, the kids will have fin and QUIETLY spend hours working away leaving you to focus on work. It's not perfect but it works. The newly launched product is looking for early adopters for feedback, the Giant Kids Coloring Poster from Colorstarter regularly priced at $15 but currently on sale now for $8.99 and comes with free access to the interactive web component!

Attachments