how long should i wait between giving birth and trying to get preg again...

esmerelda

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2009
Maryland
It his been a3 months since i gave birth. Is it too soon to try again. I just want to know if there coudl be any problems with starting now

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
personally I would say wait until he's 6 months ols AT LEAST...your body is still healing even if you feel 100%. Your uterus needs time to go back to it's original size and your iron and other vits are low. You could always check with your OB though and see what they think

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
After our first, we were wonderring the same thing and did some research. There seems to be lots of opinion that you should give your body at least a year between a birth and prgnancy. Of course we can all think of people we know who had them closer together without any problems, so it's probably largely a personal choice, when you feel your body is ready, and just because you start trying doesn't mean it will happen again right away...

I really like fallon's advice about checcking with your OB, at least they can tell you what the big issues are so you can make your best decision.

Mom2MLB

May 28, 2010
It varies, has been my experience. With my first, my OB technically cleared me at 6 mo PP, though he knew we had not exactly been preventing anything. I got pg at 11 mo PP and had a normal pregnancy (c/s births, too).

I had some losses and fertility issues after #2 was born.

FIVE YEARS later, I completed my 3rd fullterm pg. I am currently 4 mo PP and would love to have one more, though with my history, I don't know how likely it will be. I have not yet been given the OK. I had some scar tissue and a complicated delivery...

Elise

Banned
May 31, 2010
Personally, I had gotten pregnant by my three month check up. I was kinda floored by it.