How Often Do You Work & Do Your Kids play Sports?...

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
How many here hit a work out program if it be dance, the gym, running etc,. For me I work out on a regular basis meaning 6 days a week sometime 7 ( I know my Body needs the break the 7th day is normally my low key day) I do it all in the gym every cardio machine and lift wieght as well. </SIZE>[/FONT]
As far as sports and my children they are all in to sports. They play volley Ball my son did play foot ball while in school. I have Basket Ball Players as well as some in Track &amp; Field Events. We all love sports and its a big part of our life. So calling out all my work out buddies how many of you are out there???:) </SIZE>[/FONT]

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
I work out 5-6 days a week. I go to the gym for about 80 minutes every morning from Monday to Friday. I usually do a 10-minute warm-up, 40 minutes of cardio, and weights. Saturday is my day off and Sunday I either take a spinning class or go for a run. I sleep in on the weekends, so that is usually later in the afternoon.

As for my kids, they are really into sports.
Soccer is Ryan's main sport, but he also plays football, basketball, baseball and golf.
Sean plays soccer, football and baseball and he's really into skateboarding.
Landon plays soccer, baseball, football, basketball and hockey.
Kathleen plays tennis and does gymnastics. She was in soccer last year and might play again next year.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
Ug, I don't exercise, but both my boys have given me a few extra pounds. Both my husband and I want to turn that around though. We recently bought bikes and plan on getting a biking schedule going. Plus we want to bike to work in the nice weather.

I'm hoping to get both my kids into sports. My oldest is just turning 3, so he's not yet capable of playing sports by the proper rules yet, but I still get him out there. We sign him up for gym time, where he just runs around and plays with balls and such with other toddlers. He also has swimming lessons coming up next week. We are looking forward to that.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
we all swim a lot and we are talking about getting into riding bikes now that our daughter is learning to ride a 2 wheeler, she also plays tennis

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
I don't work out as I should.. I'm really thinking of getting back into a routine. We have a nice treadmill here, and i get on it here and there but it's doing nothing for me because I am not consistent with it.

My daughter Lauren is a sports fanatic. She is on varsity cheerleading. Even though it's a school season sport, the practice all through the summer and it's hard work. They run two miles 3 times a week and practice stunts etc. Just when she's done with that she likely has a travel softball game for the private league she plays in. They are very competitive and she is a great player. For travel softball, it's pretty much year round. They started practicing in Jan indoors. Then when school starts, she's on the high school softball team as well. So it pretty much never ends for her. It's really great that she is so involved - we have already been contacted by a few head hunters who are looking at her for college ball.

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
CA
Claire64 said:
I work out 5-6 days a week. I go to the gym for about 80 minutes every morning from Monday to Friday. I usually do a 10-minute warm-up, 40 minutes of cardio, and weights. Saturday is my day off and Sunday I either take a spinning class or go for a run. I sleep in on the weekends, so that is usually later in the afternoon.

As for my kids, they are really into sports.
Soccer is Ryan's main sport, but he also plays football, basketball, baseball and golf.
Sean plays soccer, football and baseball and he's really into skateboarding.
Landon plays soccer, baseball, football, basketball and hockey.
Kathleen plays tennis and does gymnastics. She was in soccer last year and might play again next year.

That's Great I think its so good to have your children into some type of sport! Our children are all very Athletic and my one daughter who attend UC Irvine has made Female Athlete of the Year for both years she done so well and for shot Put if she hit 3 more feet she will qualify for the Olympics!!

Working out for me is such a great on relieving the stress!!
Nikita said:
Ug, I don't exercise, but both my boys have given me a few extra pounds. Both my husband and I want to turn that around though. We recently bought bikes and plan on getting a biking schedule going. Plus we want to bike to work in the nice weather.

I'm hoping to get both my kids into sports. My oldest is just turning 3, so he's not yet capable of playing sports by the proper rules yet, but I still get him out there. We sign him up for gym time, where he just runs around and plays with balls and such with other toddlers. He also has swimming lessons coming up next week. We are looking forward to that.

<SIZE size="125">Nikita as you can see having all the kids I had I had my share of few pounds added to me too LOL so now that we are officially done having kids I been working out like crazy!! I lost in the last 7 weeks 20 pounds!! Have fun with the Bikes!!!</SIZE>
fallon said:
we all swim a lot and we are talking about getting into riding bikes now that our daughter is learning to ride a 2 wheeler, she also plays tennis
HappyMomma said:
I chase my four year old around. Sigh.

You know they say in the end of day all that running around cleaning all adds up to burning calories dont knock it you be shocked how much you can burn!! ; )
Cthru said:
I don't work out as I should.. I'm really thinking of getting back into a routine. We have a nice treadmill here, and i get on it here and there but it's doing nothing for me because I am not consistent with it.

My daughter Lauren is a sports fanatic. She is on varsity cheerleading. Even though it's a school season sport, the practice all through the summer and it's hard work. They run two miles 3 times a week and practice stunts etc. Just when she's done with that she likely has a travel softball game for the private league she plays in. They are very competitive and she is a great player. For travel softball, it's pretty much year round. They started practicing in Jan indoors. Then when school starts, she's on the high school softball team as well. So it pretty much never ends for her. It's really great that she is so involved - we have already been contacted by a few head hunters who are looking at her for college ball.
That is outstanding for Lauren we were so luck with our Daughte Alisha I mean she in an outstand school and its a D1 school!!! Now our 16 has the college sending her letter left to right she the Basket Ball Volley Ball player and she also one of My Gate Children ( for the gifted Program) It truely pays off in the end with how $$$$$ College is!!

Everyone keep up the great works!!! Those just staring go get it!!!!

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Well, my oldest dd is into softball and cheerleading. If there was any other sport she could be involved in around here she would. My 2nd dd is a t-ball player, softball next year (she can't wait). Both of them are in a summer recreation program, running and playing games and such at the park. My 2 youngest are too young to play sports this year. Well, the 3rd dd will be in t-ball next year. We have a big pool out back so they swim almost everyday, all day.
My excersize each day consists of; chasing the girls, swimming, taking a walk, and did I mention chasing the girls, lol. Other than that I can't really find the time to go and "work out".

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
ljmahr said:
Well, my oldest dd is into softball and cheerleading. If there was any other sport she could be involved in around here she would.
Oh! We should be friends ;) Sounds like yours is headed down the same path mine is on !:D

Is she in fast pitch? Do they go to any cheerleading competitions yet?

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Bek takes swimming lessons.

I myself dont do any structured exercise, but hey, they unstructured stuff, im there majority of the time.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
Claire64 said:
I work out 5-6 days a week. I go to the gym for about 80 minutes every morning from Monday to Friday. I usually do a 10-minute warm-up, 40 minutes of cardio, and weights. Saturday is my day off and Sunday I either take a spinning class or go for a run.
wow... I am impressed.