how to be a good parent when you are going through divorce?...

ForkineBeer

May 31, 2020
Hi! I live in Utah, Salt Lake City. Currently i'm going through a divorce process with my husband, we have a 14 y.o. boy.  How to tell my kid that divorce was a mutual decision and it's not his fault? I know that at his age children are usually take a blame on themselves for everything that happens in family, that's why i want to let him know that it's not his fault. His father has a drinking problems, that's why i initiate a divorce process, that's why it's hard for me to take that conversation. Also, we are on really low budget, so if you know anyway how i can make a divorce procces cheaper, please, share it with me! I'll be gratefull for any support. Thanks!

Stanleyhor

May 31, 2020
You can receive free legal aid from organizations that already exist in your city, or, if you're on low budget, you can seek for a low-cost legal services that provide divorce assistance, for example, you can use help from online divorce services for filling all forms. If you are in  Utah - there is an OCAP structure, it's a goverment program that also provide a legal consulting.

ForkineBeer

May 31, 2020
Joseph Myers said:
You can receive free legal aid from organizations that already exist in your city, or, if you're on low budget, you can seek for a low-cost legal services that provide divorce assistance, for example, you can use help from online divorce services for filling all forms. If you are in  Utah - there is an OCAP structure, it's a goverment program that also provide a legal consulting.
I've already visited Divorceonlineutah service, and those organizations are also charge fee for filling the documents. OCAP, unfortunately, do not support electronical filing of documents. Yes, lawyers are damned expensive. I'm so damn tired of having a fights with my husband, even when it comes to divorce i have to decide everything and do all work by myself. I just want it to be over. I'm really glad that i've found this forum, when i read what people are went through it's really gives me strength to move forward.

Renata Lander

Oct 11, 2020
I feel you. To hurt a child's feelings in this situation is the worst. I am sure that your son understands the situation. In any case, try to talk to him calmy.
As for divorce, look for the women's organizations that help with it.