Hungry baby all the time

new pittsburgh dad

Jul 24, 2021
Hey guys,

New parents here and my wife and I feel very frustrated with our 1 month old. Ever since we got back from the hospital we have been stuck in this cycle of feed her every 2-3 hours thoughout day and night time. We are not breast feeding and are using Targets brand gentle formula. Baby girl is all over the place with her feeding but, pretty on point with giving us cues every 2-3 hours. We are up to 3-4 ounces a feeding and even after 4 ounces sometimes she still give us cue to feed her more. she has never taken more than 6oz in one feeding. The problem that we are running into is no matter how many ounces we give her she is always hungry within that 2-3 hour marks and becomes very agitated quickly. we mention this to the doctors throughout of visits and they keep telling us to just feed her when she is hungry. we attempt to sooth with a pacifier but, baby girl wont even take that. Any help and tips are greatly appreciated!! we love her so much and just feel we need more guidance on this issue.

Does gentle formula not keep babies as full?
are we over feeding her too much as she is spitting up more and more?

thank you

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
I'm pretty sure that's the standard for newborns. That's the frequency that mine ate and also the timeframe when Google searching "how often 1 month old eat".

Jessicak

May 24, 2021
Hi, I have a babygirl who is 6 months now. I also face somewhat similar issue. She feels hungry all the time every 2-3 hours even after breastfeeding her enough, and due to some issues I don't produce sufficient amount of milk. So I told my Gynaecologist, she said you can go for combination feeding and try Enfamil Neuro Pro Infant formula. It has smoothened my feeding issue with my infant to some extent. But try consulting a Dr before opting for anything or testing on your infant. Infants are sensitive and it's important to focus on it before trying anything new on them.

Robin21

Aug 8, 2021
I have a 6 mo old baby also. Woke up every 3 hours for another feeding. I was exhausted, anxious, and frustrated and that made me feel like a bad mother. A friend suggested that I check out little chompions as their guides, kits and speech therapist consultations via facetime or zoom were great. Maybe due to my exhaustion, I spent a week searching for little champions...but what I found had nothing to do with feeding. When I spoke with my friend next, she said that it was chompions (with an O - and not champions with an a). So i went to littlechompions, ordered two kits which include guides (3-6 and 6-9 month guides). The guidance/tips were great and the kits had really good stuff in them. I did send the therapist a question, and she called me via facetime to watch me as I introduced new foods to the baby, and she discussed somethings that I was still not doing correctly. After that within a week, my baby was sleeping 5-6 hours at a time! And I felt like a human being again. Infact, feeding has really become fun (though very messy). I learned so much from these guides, the emails, and consultation. None of this was taught in my MBA program (haha).