I felt my baby move !!! WOOHOO!!...

Computerdad

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2010
Summerville, SC
I felt little steven 2.0(thats the nickname we gave him, along with nugget) also since i've posted i've found out that im having a boy, and he kicked me in the palm last night when i was holding the baby exactly where my wife(newly wedded) told me to. it was amazing, it went from "maybe she's just really festively plump to 'Holy hell theres a baby in there' i knew in abstract that there was a baby, but its the first .. well technically second fully tangible experience of "IM HAVING A BABY" and i dont know.. i had all this pent up excitement that went crazy when i felt that little unborn dude kick me like a ninja after a samurai. its awesome. Did anyone else have such a wide array of emotions? or are did i experience something unusual or unique it doesnt seem that difficult to imagine most fathers going through that state of being. its fascinating. i cant wait until he gets big enough to do more then put a little pressure on my palm.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Congratulations!

I think every parent will tell you that feeling you baby move for the first time is amazing. It's where it all becomes real no longer is it just a "thought" it is real in every way.

Just wait until you can see the movement, it looks like a little alien is residing in there lol!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
it is an amazing experience i was so excited the first time i felt both of mine move. not so excited as they decided to do gymnastics in there as i was coming to the final stages of the pregnancy lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww, that's so exciting! :D I felt the same way when I first felt Eli move, and I'm sure I will feel that again when I feel this one start moving. I know DH was REALLY psyched when he felt the first movements for himself, and I think it really makes you come to realize "Wow! There's a little baby in there!" lol, you know?

Antoinette - I know what you mean! It goes from being "aww what cute little flutters and movements!" to "OMG please stop trying to kick out my rib cage" o__o lol

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
OMG, I will never forget the first time I felt my girl kick! You're right - it made it real for the first time that there is a real life baby in there - my baby!

I have to say though - if you think you are experiencing a crazy array of emotions now, its nothing compared to holding your baby for the first time. I never imagined it was possible to feel all those emotions at the same time!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
So cool!!! It's so awesome to feel them move. The first time is really really special, but every time seems to be super cool.

My son loves feeling the baby move. From the time I could first feel movement, he would put his head on my belly and hope the baby would kick him in the face. It took quite awhile before we got to that point...but when it did happen, that was the highlight for him! He rested his head on my huge bump and **POW** the baby said, get off of me! Then, when you could see the huge rolls and squirms from across the room, well, we called it belly TV.

Now the baby is so big that a lot of times I don't even feel the little movements. I can see them, but I don't really feel them. He can't stretch out enough to make a big movement. But if you grab his foot, he ALWAYS jumps. I think he's ticklish :D

I also love to have other people feel the baby move. LOVE IT UP!! It goes by fast!

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
i didnt feel my first and i probably wnt feel my 2nd either but i can imagine how awesome that musta beeeen

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Oh, I forgot to say... My son named the baby "Steve" when I told him I was pregnant. Kind of funny with you having a Steven 2.0! That's not what we are naming him, but that is what we've been calling him for now.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
stjohnjulie said:
Oh, I forgot to say... My son named the baby "Steve" when I told him I was pregnant.
That's funny! He sounds like such a cute kid. Steve is a good name! :D

DH and I have been calling this one "The Bean" or just "Bean" on a pretty regular basis lol.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
We have a little pool of names that we like. It's just hard to say which one will 'fit' until we see him. I wonder if my son will ever stop calling him Steve. I have no idea why he picked that name, and he picked it waaaaaaay before we knew it was a boy.

As for REAL names.... it will start with an I or a M, because I have this stupid idea that we should be in alphabetical order, I'm "J", husband is "K", son is "L". I don't even want to say what the names are... I've found that I've become very sensitive about it. You know, when people say negative stuff about a name you like. It's a bummer.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We wouldn't put down your baby names! I bet they're really nice. :) I know how you feel though, not everybody liked the name Elijah. I was very sensitive about it too, and pretty mean when it came to the topic lol.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
haha i named my children Felix and Alegra so they can't get much more unusual.... HEAPS of people hated my names but i love them so i used them anyay..

and if i have another boy i would call him Dimitri

and if i had another girl i would call her Immaliah (im-ah-leah)

So people never like my names just because they are unusual.. we would never bash your names. there are positive and negatives to every name choice :p

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Ok, I think you convinced me that I can share! Here is some from the pool...

Milo, Marley, Mica, Iyla (I-La), Ilo, and for a middle name, only one more to add, Cruz. So it's pretty likely it will be a first and middle from this bunch. Top runners for the first are looking like either Mica or Ilo. My son and I love Milo, but the hubby doesn't like it so much...so then I dropped the "M" and found that this is an African name for a male meaning sunshine, light, joyous. Kind of fitting, since the hubby is African American decent.

Hopefully I will have a name to share with you sometime very soon!!!!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Those are all really cute!! I like all of them haha. I especially like Mica, I always thought that name was cute.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i love them all. Milo is surer cute as is Mica (is ir pronounced "my-kah" or "Me-Kah"?

also i think Ilo is cure, very inventive to make a new name so you still sort of get your way lol...

anyway i love them all :)