I felt my baby move !!! WOOHOO!!...

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
hee hee, I thought I was making a name up until I found out it is a real name :) Mica, said like "my-kah". I just found out that that one is on the "hot baby names" list...so I don't know about that. I like to have a name that is a little different. My son's name is Luca...and I do like the thought of having them sounding similar... I just don't know!

My husband is Rastafarian...so that is where the Marley and "I" names come into play. Marley, as in Bob Marley. I'm not Rastafarian, but I do think that Bob Marley changed the world in a positive way with a message of unity and love and I like that. Plus, I just like the sound of it. Even though I know a lot of people favor it for a dog's name :) The "I" thing, you see that a lot with Rastafarian stuff. I'm not exactly sure what it is all about, but you will see a lot of "I and I" or an "I" put in front of things. I will have to research that a bit and figure out what that is all about.

You guys are the first ones I've told about the name Ilo. I've been keeping that one close because I don't want anyone to say anything bad about it and sway my decision. My mom and sister, even though I told them NOT to say anything about the names, both told me crap about Iyla and Mica.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i like Mica. i read it as Me-kah but i like it pronounced both ways... i agree about the hot baby names thing thats why i favour unusual names. you don't want your chid to be the 19th Amy in their class lol

macoops

PF Regular
Jan 4, 2011
Wisconsin
My favorite past time experience when I was pregnant was laying and watching my stomach move from side to side :) congrats on your little one

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
We just felt our son move last week while laying down to go to sleep. I had my hand on DW's stomach and was nearly asleep when we felt as best can be decribed, a "swooshing" motion, which I can only assume was him doing acrobatics inside :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww!! DH has felt our little guy move a few times over the past couple of weeks. :) Its so much fun, we love it. Just puts a smile on our faces, you know?

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
I wanna feel baby kicks again :( *le-sigh* That is so exciting! its one of the best feelings in the world!!! oh and ftw, "mee-kah" or Mika/Mica is the female german version of Michelle (which is my name), well its similar anyhow. I absolutely love it. Wish I could change my name...well...almost haha

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
thanks xero! ive just been going through some hardcore baby envy lately. i try not to be envious, but its hard when u had ur uterus taken and didnt have a chance to even bridge the thought ya know? And now DH is going through some medical issues, and hasnt worked for over 2 months, and im just sad :( bah....sorry to derail the thread!!

emergencydentis

PF Regular
Jan 8, 2011
USA
I remember when my sister's baby is still insider her stomach. Everyone we sing this particular song (i forgot what it was), he kicks. And he never misses to do it every time we sing that song to him. it was very amazing!