I Love You...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
How many times a day do you say these words to your kids? How many times a day would you say they say it to you unprompted? I tell my son I love him at least once everyday sometimes more but I'm more about showing someone you love them by your actions then your words. That is my work in progress with the man child. I counted today and my DD told me she loved me 10 times. I'm not complaining at all merely checking to see whats happening arount the world.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
We say I love you so many times that we couldn't count. My mother NEVER says it to me and I was raised never saying it. I actually had to learn to be comfortable saying it. Now I tell everybody. Before I hang up with a friend I tell them. "I love ya, bye". I never leave it unsaid. It's funny cause the friends that never said it say it to me now. hahaha. I'm sure I probably even tell you on some posts.
I always tell my kids "I love you, I am so proud of you and so grateful I have you, your such good children" but with that said.............they know when they are misbehaving I will also tell them "I love you but your behavior is innappropriate and I have raised you better then that" and ask them what the right way to behave was.
Sorry to keep rambling. blah blah blah.....
Anyway, that's my opinion and I LOVE YA!!! ;)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I also say it to many times to count. Nichole being 2 (on Wednesday) doesn't say it often yet. Sometimes she will blurt out "love you too" when we say it to her though. And usually when DH leaves for work at 3, she stands outside saying "hugs kisses hugs kisses"

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Wait till they get about six and you send them to their room and they say "I don't think you love me"......Oh brother, that's a heart stabber!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I bet!!
Nichole had her heart broke yesterday for the first time. She was playing with another little girl at church, the other little girl is 4. Well nichole thinks she is a big kid and wants to play with her and this other girl who is 3. Nichole touched the block they were playing with and this mean liitle girl ( I say that in gest I am friends with her mom) grabs the toy from Nichole and says "No, i don't like Nichole!!" My poor baby just stood there and stared at her like what did I do? It was so sad and patheitc. No one has ever told my baby anything like that before and I know it will just get worse as she gets older

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I've never really thought about how many times I say...probably a couple time a day...DD tell me she loves me every ten minutes though, and usually because she wants something

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
All of us say it to our two cats every day. Not that they care, but it does them the chance to ignore us, which makes them happy. :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I've never counted, but I've found if people say it too much it loses it's meaning. With my recent health scare and hospital stay, we've all been saying it to each other more often than usual.

Shacoya

Jan 10, 2008
WA State
I guess we are not so unusual. We too say I love you often every day to each other, and somehow have gotten into a "I love you better" "I love you bestester" kind of game. We kiss and hug through out the day too. The "I love you even when I'm mad" though is probably the most important one.

On this topic... my daughter even as a toddler never new a stranger. It actually became a problem we had to teach her to deal with differently.

What she'd do is walk up to total strangers (mostly other kids) and hug them, or tell every single person in her life that she loved them. Over time she has formed her own boundaries, and uses affection in more appropriate ways.
I am not sorry we are as openly affectionate as we are. Over the last two or three years, friends of my son and daughter, have commented that they wished <I>their</I> parents would tell them they love them, and are proud of them. My children are envied for the love and relationship they have with us. My children's best friends, often "get in line" to be hugged after my children, and I'm happy to!

MadisonWorth

Jan 5, 2008
U.K
&lt;r&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Great topic! Maybe one or two times a day. I saw Steven Spielberg’s ‘Taken’ (finally) and in that this mom tells her son something like “Love you everyday and twice on Sundays” and that sorta passes on to the subsequent generations. I really liked that- saying ‘I love you’ in a unique way, makes it seem extra special. &lt;E&gt;:)&lt;/E&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;