I need to give my daughter a suppository. How?

allylovesroses

Sep 14, 2020
My 13 year old daughter needs a suppository for constipation. She seems to be nervous about it and I need advice.

How should I administer the suppository? What is the best room to do it in, the best position and should I wear gloves for sanitary reasons?

I tried to talk to her about it but she ran off and doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

What is the best approach I can take in this situation?

flowerjarmom

Sep 14, 2020
Good question. I had to give my daughter a suppository once as well.

To administer the suppository you should do it in the bathroom or the bedroom. You should wear gloves when giving it for sanitary reasons. Best gloves would be latex or nitrile as they offer the most protection.

Positions for giving the suppository could be over your lap, her on her side with one leg straight and the other bent in toward her stomach, or the knee chest position where she would be resting on her knees with her buttocks up in the air. She can also kneel on a chair.

talk to her calmly and comfort her before you give it to her. Tell her what you will do and answer any concerns. If she tries to resist you can ask another person to help hold her down if you really need to.

You should place a towel down where you do it and also you can use some lube or Vaseline to make it easier. Just put it on her anus.

Best of luck!

Attachments