I needed a place to vent anonymously...

overreactive

Apr 29, 2015
hello, as the name says im overreactive. at least I feel like I am sometimes. I came here to clear up some things as they come along to verify if yes that it the exact response you would have or no your panties are in a bunch. I feel like im one of those people you hear complain about their babys father so much that you think why doesn't she leave this person? So yes I will come back and complain again and again. But Im here for support, when I tell a story of what happened I would like to hear support and wisdom on how to resolve the issues at hand not jeez this guy sounds like _______ why are you with him. So the issue at hand... This morning my daughter (7months) was teething HARD the hardest I have ever seen her teeth, crying for 2 hours straight. I needed a break laid her down near daddy in the part of the bed where she wasnt near any covers or pillows, I made a sammich and came back and she apparently rolled over, but what really really made me pist, but it was daddy (who usually doesnt sleep with a pillow) had a pillow under his head (that was not there before I left) and the babys head was completely under the pillow ans she was still crying. Im like HUNNY! and he nonchalantly/tired says what... shes fine.. im awake I can hear her... -_- Im like shes on her tummy and her head is under a pillow that was not there before! hes like shes fineee I am right here.... I was angry... really really angry. I went back to sleep after my daughter fell asleep finally after 3 hours of crying... I woke up and explained to him why I was angry again and all he said was im sorry....while still in bed... I was boiling anger, I slammed ALL the doors and luckily I calmed down enough to go the speed limit and obey the road laws... but dam that pissed me off so much... and its not like I can tell my loved ones about it because they would just reiterate that why am I with this guy. :arghh:

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
Ahaha, I understand the frustration. Quite frankly, I think he was way too careless with that. Did you make him well aware that she was there with him though?

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
At 7 months old babies are capable of turning over, lifting their heads and sitting up. It's when babies are not old enough or strong enough to move their heads or roll over on their own then you have to worry. Your husband was awake and listening to the little one, and so I assume she was in good hands. Parents are not perfect, and nonetheless, you will make mistakes that will drive your husband crazy, too.
As for teething, I'm guessing this is your first baby, you should get some baby Orajel, Origel* (spelling), it's this numbing gel for teething gums and you can get it at the pharmacy or baby department. Teething rings put in the freezer (watch for recall advisories) , a cold damp, clean cloth. An old fashioned idea is too wrap a clean cloth around an ice cube, but don't leave your baby unsupervised with it.

Having babies can really test your relationship with your husband. Try and harness in your anger a bit around him. If you need to burst, go to your car and close the door, you can drive off somewhere, like out in the country and just scream and shout it out. Invest in a punching bag and put it in the garage or basement and take your anger out on it.

I hope you find some solace here and are able to get it out of your system.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
If she was crying, she wasn't suffocating. I don't know, because I wasn't there and didn't see it, but it just doesn't sound like that big of a deal. Sounds like he was aware of her, and she was okay, and he still apologized, so maybe foaming at the mouth wasn't necessarily. Your anger level doesn't sound healthy. You shouldn't be on hair trigger alert waiting for him to make mistakes, or you will drive him away. No one can live with that kind of pressure and anger around them all the time.