I should buy stock in medela!!!...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Medela breastfeeding products...so wonderful...so wonderfully expensive also!

I have the pump in style, bottles, bags and a few other goodies.

Anyone else use them as much as I do?

If not, what other products do you feel you're putting the paycheck towards?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I had a Medela Pump In Style back when I was nursing. My SIL was very happy when I gave it to her. She has since given it to a pregnant friend.

On the topic of nursing products... I loved Mother Wear nursing clothes.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I never wore nursing clothes...still don't. I just buy shirts that have easy access lol. I hear they are really nice to have. I'm just so short that things fit me funny unless I shop in the teenager section. I can't even find a good nursing bra!!!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Around the house I just wore regular easy access shirts, but when out in public I liked nursing shirts. It was easier to be discreet that way. We also went to a family wedding, and I wore a nursing dress to that.

I never found a traditional nursing bra that I liked. Most were not comfortable and were difficult to undo with one hand while holding a baby. I preferred to wear a comfy, stretchy "sleep" nursing bra like this.
http://www.motherwear.com/prod.cfm/cid/50/sid/6138

Wow, I can't believe I still remember this stuff. It has been several years since my youngest has weaned. LOL!

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I have a cute cover tent thing that I use to put over myself and my baby while we're nursing in public. It goes around my neck and is pretty good about giving baby air and she and I can still see each other.

How long since you last nursed? I've been nursing this baby for almost four months. My oldest didn't get it that long because I just couldn't get enough milk in. So she got it for about three weeks. :'( But she's still healthy and wonderful. :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My youngest is turning 10 in June. :)eek: OMG!) She weaned at 16 mos., so it has been a looong time since my BF days. LOL!

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Wow that was a while ago.

I can't wait to be done with bf-ing! I love it...but it takes so much out of me. But I know whenever I'm done I'll be missing it.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Yes, it was bitter sweet when each child weaned, especially my youngest.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I think all of parenting is bittersweet. You love seeing your child grow, but you hate it at the same time. Sometimes you just want that sweet little baby sleeping in your arms. But you love seeing how your child acts and learning his or her's own personality.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
AnKsMommy said:
I think all of parenting is bittersweet. You love seeing your child grow, but you hate it at the same time. Sometimes you just want that sweet little baby sleeping in your arms. But you love seeing how your child acts and learning his or her's own personality.
Definitely! You'll think so even more as your kids get older. Seems as if my kids were just born yesterday, but already puberty is just around the corner. Sniff, sniff...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Oh no not the preteen and teen years! I can't stand thinking about them. My dh and I are always begging our oldest not to grow up to quick.

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
I wasn't aware of this w/ my first two - but I had my third last year and was planning on renting the Medela pump again. Someone at my school (I'm a teacher) informed me that our insurance PAYS for one. I simply called my Dr. - they faxed a "prescription" over to my insurance co. and it was delivered to my doorstep about 5 days later! No copay, no hassle, just the faxed prescription from my dr. And I got the good one too!!!! I now advise all new moms to check into their insurance co. before they go out and purchase one on their own.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I'm in the military so we don't get that kind of stuff for free. :'( We pay about $50 a month for it. I just went out and bought one.