I think my child has a fetish. Should I do anything?...

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
I play tabletop RPGs. I've been making my own system for a while, and my little one has been helping me by coming up with some creatures and races for it. I was just going through the system and doing edits, when I noticed well over half of the creatures she made had the "swallow" ability. There's even one whose only purpose is to have sex with PCs and swallow them in their sleep. (I'm considering cutting that one.) I didn't think about these much when she gave me her notes, but now I'm seriously starting to suspect Sam is a vorarephiliac, and that REALLY squicks me out. I'm also certain that if asked, she will quickly deny it. Is there any way I can be sure? If she really is, would it be wrong to try and do something about it?

I have never had to deal with this before. I'm sure I need to do something, but I don't know what.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
You have jumped to that conclusion from a couple of game characters?

Do you not remember being 12? We have all had odd things that we have had a fascination with in our pre-teen/teen years, most don't amount to anything.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
You have jumped to that conclusion from a couple of game characters?

Do you not remember being 12? We have all had odd things that we have had a fascination with in our pre-teen/teen years, most don't amount to anything.
You're right. I shouldn't say anything unless I'm sure, and I'm not. I'll check her internet history first.

EDIT:
No dice. Looks like she wipes it fairly regularly. This means she's hiding something, but it could be anything. In hindsight, I think this whole thing is just a freak-out. I'm going to go soak my head.

Last edited: