I think.......

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
we have found a 'forever' doctor for Ted.

We met yesterday with a new office and a new lady. She was recommended by the counseling center and the one doctor we went to last month for Ted's med's. She is super nice and just gives off those nice vibes you like to get from a doctor.

Ted was on day 4 with no med's so she was seeing a few signs seeping out, he usually can go 5 days before he starts to really slide. Asked who we had been seeing, and then said they couldn't get medical records from him, that they have tried but it's almost impossible so we did the meeting as if it was all new.

One other interesting fact, that is something I have suspected is she thinks Ted may be somewhere on the Autistic/Aspbergers(?) scale, but 20+ years ago he was just labeled with "reading/language/comprehension disorder". She wants to look into testing him further, since it will open more doors to him.

She asked a ton of questions about when he was little, some of it was hard to answer. First it was 20+ years ago and him and Sam were so close in age a lot of those first years are mixed together between the two of them :laugh:

We'll see how it goes, he really liked her and was even talkative at the first appointment. So not him, so I think it was a good sign.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Thats super cool. Its great to find a professional that you can relate with.

mom2many said:
One other interesting fact, that is something I have suspected is she thinks Ted may be somewhere on the Autistic/Aspbergers(?) scale, but 20+ years ago he was just labeled with "reading/language/comprehension disorder". She wants to look into testing him further, since it will open more doors to him.
I would advise you do a little research on this. The "Powers that be (DSMV5)" are currently wanting to remove Aspergers from the Autism spectrum. Using the reasoning that their intelligence negates the negative effect of their social deficits. You may want to discuss this with the doc before you get a diagnoses. The concern is that this will eliminate any aid for someone with that diagnoses. There are too many links to share. This is a good place to start.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=asperger+dsm+5&oq=asperger+ds&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l8.62122.180226.1.183492.19.11.7.1.1.0.94.841.11.11.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.IXQNjJ5MdVY&pbx=1&bpcl=40096503&biw=1680&bih=937&cad=cbv&sei=AATrUN_lLuHm2AWNzYGACw[/url]

If you really want to be sure and not speculate. I think the new DSMV 5 comes out officially in mid September.

Last edited:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
I would advise you do a little research on this. The "Powers that be (DSMV5)" are currently wanting to remove Aspergers from the Autism spectrum. Using the reasoning that their intelligence negates the negative effect of their social deficits. You may want to discuss this with the doc before you get a diagnoses. The concern is that this will eliminate any aid for someone with that diagnoses. There are too many links to share. This is a good place to start.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=asperger+dsm+5&oq=asperger+ds&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l8.62122.180226.1.183492.19.11.7.1.1.0.94.841.11.11.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.IXQNjJ5MdVY&pbx=1&bpcl=40096503&biw=1680&bih=937&cad=cbv&sei=AATrUN_lLuHm2AWNzYGACw[/url]

If you really want to be sure and not speculate. I think the new DSMV 5 comes out officially in mid September.

I actually knew this, and she believes that he has autism. I have every record going back until he was 2 years of age, but because it's not her area of expertise she didn't want to just come out and say that. There is a lady in her office that does specialize in it so she is going to set up an appointment with her, and we are going to see if further testing is even possible because of the bi-polar. The hope is that with the medical records I have, and the school information (they actually give you a large portable file with everything done in the school) to help figure it all out.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Wow Mom2many that's great news I hope this doctor works out, I love when we find the 'Forever' Doc , it's so hard these days. She sounds like she really took an interest and asked all the right questions, it's really good that Ted liked her, that's half the battle.

Good luck to you all.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That sounds really nice I'm glad to hear that! :) it's not easy to find a good doctor period, let alone a good doctor for a special situation.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Lately he has been angry and moddy. More so then ever. He literally got pissed at me for coughing, like I have control over it. I think after 2 years his med's might need to be adjusted again.