I'm getting induced tomorrow!...

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I went for my 38 week appointment today and they did an ultrasound to check the babies weight and they said it was 8lbs 2oz! So they are going to go ahead and take him tomorrow morning. I hope labor is as quick and painless as possible! Wish me luck!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Good luck, but you do know that pinduced labor is far worse then natural. I hope that it is SUPER quick though. Mine was. I was induced at 42 weeks. First contraction at 10:30 born at 1

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Yeah I know it's probably not as pleasant but I don't want him to get too big either. On the ultrasound today the placenta had holes in it so it's term..so he isn't going to benefit going the two more weeks.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
oh I am not saying you shouldn't be induced. As I said so was I. They just say the contractions are very different. Just want you to know that, not to scare you just to prepare you. There are no waves like they say, its just a constant contraction. Again mine was SUPER short so I have no regrets what so ever in my induction.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Yeah, I'm mostly nervous about them having to break my water. Eeek.. I bet the contractions are different since they are going to give me that drug (forget the name..starts with a P) to get them started off.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
pitocin. It will hit all at once. No pain, to OUCH!!!!! lol But honostly I didn't find labor unbearable. I did have an epi, but I am willing to not have one the next time and wouldn't have had one if I had known what I do now kinda thing.
You will be fine! Just remember everyone of those horrible contractions is one minute closer to holding your new baby!!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
oh do we have a name!! And we better hear all about everything as soon as you can!! Pics too please!!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
by now you are in labor, butwanted to send some easy labor vines your way!!! Hang in there mom, your baby boy is coming today!!