Is teeth whitening safe for kids?...

newmomma568

Oct 21, 2016
Hi, my son is three years old and he has started brushing teeth on his own. But, I noticed that his tooth began to stain after I stopped caring about his teeth. I use to give him coffee at morning and he eats chocolate as well. Is this the reason behind his stained teeth? I am planning to have teeth whitening ( http://www.centenarydental.com/preventative-action/teeth-whitening/[/url] ) procedures from High Park next month. Is it possible to whiten the teeth of my three-year-old son? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Vdad

PF Enthusiast
May 28, 2016
Coffee? Why?

Anyways, 3 year old teeth aren't permanent, and as long as they're not decayed, I'd use this as an opportunity to refocus on good oral hygiene and leave it at that. Maybe by looking at his teeth now..he can't see them and could probably care less... it will serve as a reminder to you.

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
This is something you should consult with your pediatrician and dentist.
I wouldn't recommend it as the chemicals can be too harsh and can have reactions to gums if there is an allergy or sensitivity you are not aware of.
Staining is superficial. It doesn't determine how healthy your teeth are. The more important thing is making sure he's flossing and brushing his teeth regularly, and not eating too many sweets.

Emily92

PF Regular
Mar 20, 2014
According to <I>The Academy of General Dentistry</I>, tooth pulp is fully formed when a child attains the age of 14 years and so one should hold off on whitening till then. 3 years is <I>much</I> too young! You need not worry if your kid's teeth appear yellower than they were when he was a baby. Those are milk teeth and will eventually fall out on their own.

Slenkar55

Banned
Jun 3, 2017
Yes, you can use teeth whitening methods for your kid. My son was also having stained teeth once he started brushing himself. Contacted to dentist Redondo Beach who recommended a whitening tooth gel. After using this gel his teeths are now bright white.